closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NWD - new watch day

NWD - new watch day

I got this watch a couple of weeks ago and posted it in the new arrivals thread but a few people messaged to ask for more pictures.

When it arrived it needed a new crystal and the centre seconds hand wasn’t resetting perfectly to zero. I’ve just got it back from my watchmaker. It’s beautiful! 38mm with a hand wound Landeron 49 movement which ticks about as loudly as an idling engine!! Keeps excellent time. Also the watchmaker converted the fixed wire lugs to spring bars so I can use it with different straps.

The brand is ‘Tollet’ who are a Belgian jewellers who still exist. The actual watch is made by Swiss company G. Gagnebin & Cie.

Well worth waiting for! Here are the pics from the seller before the centre seconds was corrected with a new collet.

I’ll take some more pictures and wrist shots at some point this weekend

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very very nice mate.

Beautiful 👍

That’s stunning.
    Cheers..
    Jase

That’s really nice! Enjoy!
    Love the idea of taking a watch repairing it and giving it a new lease of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks folks. I’m really pleased with it - as soon as a saw it I knew I’d have to have it. Just the perfect blend of all the elements I like in a ‘dressy’ watch and a good size too.

Another user has identified that it’s a Landeron 39 movement. Interesting too see the difference.

Here’s a wrist pic. Although taken near a fairly ‘warm’ light, this thing really looks golden and warm in person - the dial is a really unique shade of champagne that looks lovely in any light.

Accuracy update - it seems so far to gain about 15 seconds a day - really pleased about that. Next I’ll test the power reserve as it’s been going for 24hrs now on a single wind.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Here’s a wrist pic. Although taken near a fairly ‘warm’ light, this thing really looks golden and warm in person - the dial is a really unique shade of champagne that looks lovely in any light.

Accuracy update - it seems so far to gain about 15 seconds a day - really pleased about that. Next I’ll test the power reserve as it’s been going for 24hrs now on a single wind.

Cheers

Looks great, I was waiting for this wrist shot. Enjoy!

Master
    That really is a lovely looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    That really is a lovely looking watch.

I’ve been reading about the movement too, seems like it was quite legendary in its day and a better movement than the cheaper 48 which was produced in bigger numbers. I like how the minute hand jumps when the chrono seconds reaches 12 rather than slowly creep as I’ve had with other movements (although I’ve only had a few chronos before so not sure how common that is). I guess it’s the column wheel that gives the chronograph function such a satisfying click.

BTW anyone know the significance of the large indications at 3,6,9 on the minute subdial? I heard it was for timing phone calls or something but not sure that’s correct

Just put it on a new strap which I think suits it nicely

BTW anyone know the significance of the large indications at 3,6,9 on the minute subdial? I heard it was for timing phone calls or something but not sure that’s correct
    Yes, they used to be charged by 3 minute blocks

Good info, thanks.Lost on this text heavy generation of course but now I'll make sure people know I've got 9 mins maximum before I hang up!

Interesting that:
    Gagnebin has been re-established as of 2014, and now once again produces watches.
    Its website features this ad, top left is a very similar watch in style to your own.

Your watch has a 3-letter US import code, EOR, but it is not one on the Ranfft database, which is very rare.
    Nice watch
    Dave

Good info, thanks.Lost on this text heavy generation of course but now I'll make sure people know I've got 9 mins maximum before I hang up!
    No phone call should ever last more than 9 minutes.

Lovely watch btw, I like that alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    No phone call should ever last more than 9 minutes.
    You're of course correct but that's how long it takes my old mum to finish her first point!

Just put it on a new strap which I think suits it nicely
    I does actually; I can't work out if it's leather, kevlar, sailcloth or something else. What is it?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I does actually; I can't work out if it's leather, kevlar, sailcloth or something else. What is it?
    Here's the advert
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-W...72.m2749.l2649

Leather, apparently - it certainly feels great quality... I have a Rios leather strap which is similar (but about £40) but somehow it makes the watch look a bit 'old man' whereas this looks more modern, I think.

Here's the advert
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-W...72.m2749.l2649

Leather, apparently - it certainly feels great quality... I have a Rios leather strap which is similar (but about £40) but somehow it makes the watch look a bit 'old man' whereas this looks more modern, I think.
    Thanks; I've just ordered an 18mm one in black. I have an unhealthy addiction to Molequin saffiano straps so I'm not expecting this to measure up but it's worth a punt at that price.

Lovely watch with a nice movement.

Craftsman
    Lovely looking watch, a make I've never heard of before but one worth doing a little research for...

Thanks; I've just ordered an 18mm one in black. I have an unhealthy addiction to Molequin saffiano straps so I'm not expecting this to measure up but it's worth a punt at that price.
    Exactly the same here - here's the Rios one I bought https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...ch-strap-black

I think you'll be impressed with the eBay one though - when it eventually arrives (mine took about a month)

Cheers

Good. The virus should have dropped off it by then...

Hopefully!! What are you putting on yours?

Hopefully!! What are you putting on yours?
    Don't know yet but I can safely predict it will be a Universal Geneve.

Don't know yet but I can safely predict it will be a Universal Geneve.
    I know it'll be great already!

Mine turned up today so almost 2 months. There's no doubting the value for money and I agree that it's tricky to work out what it's made of - the back is likely leather but the facing material feels a little like a textile.

Just need to work out which watch to put it on.

Mine turned up today so almost 2 months. There's no doubting the value for money and I agree that it's tricky to work out what it's made of - the back is likely leather but the facing material feels a little like a textile.

Look forward to seeing it. Mine has proved very durable and amazing for the price.

We should have done a group buy! I may order one tomorrow, it does look fab. For the money I can most certainly wait!