closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interchangeable Bezel Omega

Apprentice

Interchangeable Bezel Omega

Hi

I have an Omega SMP 2003 2531.80 which I’m looking to replace the bezel, I found a good condition bezel for 2298.80. Are these two bezels interchangeable? They are from the same model year. Otherwise I’ve found a New one at £360 does anyone what Omega charge or an Authorised Service Centre charge for replacement. Thanks for any help

Master
    Blog Entries
    Both around 41mm or 41.40mm worth trying.

Craftsman
    When I investigated a bezel for a previous SMP (about 5years ago mind) it was 300 ish plus a omega wanted to do a service taking the total to over 500. Very pricey.

An Indy should be able to do it easily and cheaply, at the time I asked Parker’s in Sheffield. I think they wanted about 50quid if I got the bezel through them. As I say it was a while ago. Unless the bezel is totally messed up I’d keep it scuffed. Adds to the beaten up tool watch feel. You can always get it replaced in another 10 or 20 years

Grand Master
    Absolutely no logical reason to service a watch when swapping the bezel, is this folklore or another internet myth?

I talked to an Omega accredited indy recently and he was prepared to replace a bezel on a like for like basis, that's the best way forward now that Omega parts aren’t available from wholesalers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt_007 View Post
    Hi

I have an Omega SMP 2003 2531.80 which I’m looking to replace the bezel, I found a good condition bezel for 2298.80. Are these two bezels interchangeable? They are from the same model year. Otherwise I’ve found a New one at £360 does anyone what Omega charge or an Authorised Service Centre charge for replacement. Thanks for any help
    It won’t fit, well it might but it’ll sit proud of the crystal. The 3 hand, GMT and chrono bezels are all different, the latter 2 are thicker. They changed again when the coax model was rolled out in 2008.

The correct part is now around £225 from authorised channels, they will charge maybe £60 to fit it inc postage. Speak to Swiss Time Services or OSC Southampton.
    Last edited by Padders; 14th December 2019 at 10:13.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It won’t fit, well it might but it’ll sit proud of the crystal. The 3 hand, GMT and chrono bezels are all different, the latter 2 are thicker. They changed again when the coax model was rolled out in 2008.

The correct part is now around £225 from authorised channels, they will charge maybe £60 to fit it inc postage. Speak to Swiss Time Services or OSC Southampton.
    If you’re paying to have the case and bracelet refinished the bezel fitting charge is likely to be absorbed, bezel has to come off to refinish the watch ( don’t let anyone tell you otherwise) so there’s scope for a deal if you talk to an accredited indy.