closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I got mugged for my watch in London! *Update in Post 146*

Master
    Glad you are ok, awful to read but could have been much worse.

Was close to a mugging in Amsterdam a few year back, but escaped at the last second. Can only imagine your shock at the events.

Started working near KGX recently & my first time working in London; already not wearing anything nice to commute with, and nothing I have is anywhere near as nice as your loss.

A very unpleasant experience.

Pleased to hear that you are ok.

Craftsman
    Not a nice thing to go through. Hope you are ok.
    Also hope they are caught soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear this. Glad you are ok. what is the country coming too.

Good you got off relatively unharmed, these type of events really make you think, be safe.

Craftsman
    Scary stuff. Glad your ok, London is full of monitored cctv unfortunately the scumbags do seem to care. Your probably not wrong about how you were targeted as well, as I said scary stuff.

Sorry to hear this mike. Glad your not badly hurt. Its bang out of order

I got mugged for my watch in London!

What a horrible experience, so sorry you had to go through this Mike. You sound very calm about it all, even on the day it seems - well done you. I hope they find your watch and punish those b’strds.

Blog Entries
    Glad you're ok, but an unpleasant experience all the same. Hope they get some karma back sometime.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Glad you are safe now, Mike. A VERY scary experience, I am sure. I hope the authorities catch the low-lifes while still in possession of your AP.

Safe(r) travels!

Master
    Hi Mike, so sorry to hear about this, but glad you're OK.

Hugely frustrating, scary and also a useful consideration for us all - not just in London but anywhere. I regularly go through Selfridge's and it's sad but helpful to be aware that we can all be watched in these places - Bond Street et al.

Take care.

As others have said glad you’re ok. It could’ve been much worse and no watch is worth losing your life over. Take it easy over the next few weeks.

Selfridges must have CCTV of those scumbags.

Sorry to hear about that, Mike. At the end of the day it´s good you weren´t injured. Karma will visit those lowlives at some point.

That’s awful to hear
    I still believe London is a safe place but criminals seem to be targeting individuals for specific items now.
    I hope the Police catch them

That is extremely disappointing news. I hope they catch the feckers.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Very sad to hear and makes me angry. Glad to hear that you’re ok - that is the main thing.
    Hope life catches up with these lowlifes very soon.
    Take care of yourself.

Master
    Mike glad you are okay. Bad news about the watch though.

Really horrible experience, very glad you are safe physically - I hope the mental impact doesn't linger for too long

Really sorry to hear this has happened, but the important thing is you’re ok. I worked in that area for 20 years and always wore a decent watch. Never had an issue, but moved away a few years ago and sadly London seems to have turned into the Wild West. Take care and have a good Christmas, don’t let the events get you down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Sorry to hear about your scary event Mike and glad you are safe.

Sadly, thinking about it, high class watch shops are going to be pretty fertile hunting grounds for a pack of muggers.
    +1

Glad you're ok Mike.

Master
    Sorry to hear that !! Bad times. I regard London as bandit country these days eventhough I lived and worked there for many a year.

Genuine question Mike; were you offered counselling by the police ?

B

Master
    Even if they catch the scum a severs talking to is probably their fate, birch the bastards then remove a hand with a blunt blade, make them and others think twice, second offence, deportation to somewhere like Antarctica.

Really sorry to hear this Mike. Glad you are ok. Try to not let it bother you long term, the main thing is you weren’t stabbed etc.

Stories like this is why I’m paranoid about security at the Mcr GTGs.

Take care everyone!

Master
    Shocking but it s becoming more common certainly in London and what with the recent death of someone outside harrods for a Rolex it does make you wonder if its worth it???

Master
    A few years ago I bought a camera and collected it from an address on Great Cumberland Street in London

I drew the cash out from a Bank branch on that street and as I was walking along to collect the camera a guy tapped me on the shoulder and indicated that I had some stains on the back of my coat, a woman approached with a tissue to wipe what turned out to be cosmetic cream off my coat. They indicated that I should take my coat off......... this was in broad daylight on a busy London Street.

Fortunately I figured out what was going on and refused to take my coat off.

The people were foreign - I threatened to thump the guy if he did not p1ss off and after maybe a minute or so, all three vanished......... one had squirted stuff on my back ........ the guy came to point it out to me that someone from an upstairs window had squired the stuff, (causing me to look up so that he could grab my coat), and when this did not work, a women, who appeared not to be connected to the guy offered help ..... they were all well dressed and smart looking

They had obviously seen me walk out of the Bank and guessed that maybe I had money

I reported the incident immediately to a "community officer" and said that they were obviously around and planning such ........ he hardly took any notice

My Ł200 coat was ruined ......... but at least that's all that happened
    Last edited by BillN; 14th December 2019 at 14:05.

Grand Master
    The CCTV in Selfridges is crystal clear so maybe they can help identifying who PID you as a potential victim
    RIAC

That must have been a shock. Sorry to hear that you experienced this. Hopefully the perps will get caught.

At least you want seriously hurt ,which you could have been, all the very best in recovering your watch and hopefully the scumbags will get picked up

Selfridges security were excellent. I went in on Thursday morning, and a security guard walked my route through the store with me, up to the door where I exited. He radioed the cctv monitoring station to pick us up on the nearest camera, and then said his team would go through the footage from the previous night to identify my tail and forward it to the Police.

My route was very well covered by cameras, and I approached a number of businesses, all of which agreed to surrender their cctv tapes to the Police, but due to data protection couldn't let me see their footage myself.

Whereas I hold little hope of recovering my watch, I'd be mightily pleased if the robbers could be apprehended.

MW

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear this. Absolute scumbags.

^^ That is really good of Selfridges to help in this matter. Hopefully the gang get caught speedily.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    Selfridges security were excellent. I went in on Thursday morning, and a security guard walked my route through the store with me, up to the door where I exited. He radioed the cctv monitoring station to pick us up on the nearest camera, and then said his team would go through the footage from the previous night to identify my tail and forward it to the Police.

My route was very well covered by cameras, and I approached a number of businesses, all of which agreed to surrender their cctv tapes to the Police, but due to data protection couldn't let me see their footage myself.

Whereas I hold little hope of recovering my watch, I'd be mightily pleased if the robbers could be apprehended.

MW
    Nothing will happen to the scumbags if they get caught, even if the police pursue the case, which I would think, with all their other work, is not likely. Maybe the watch will turn up as part of another crime.

Anyway Mike, really sorry, apart from the obvious anger, it's probably a shock that will be with you for some time.

Terrible really ........ I never go to London these days unless it is absolutely necessary, the place is just a "jungle" - well it was the last time I went.

Journeyman
    What an awful thing to have happen. I’m glad to hear you are o.k.
    Hopefully the police will put some effort into this, if not, perhaps the businesses will put some pressure on the police to do something.

Master
    Really sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share it. I certainly wouldn’t have been expecting anything like that in such an area, and your post is a real eye-opener to be very aware of such a possibility.

Very glad you’re physically fine, and hope things get sorted out.

Craftsman
    Excellent cooperation from Selfridge, hope they get those responsible.

Sorry to hear this Mike. Glad you were not injured and hopefully they will catch the crims and recover the watch.

Not a great way to start the festive season.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Wow really sorry to hear that hope you recover from the experience and these twats get caught!!

Master
    What a wakeup call for us all!

So glad to hear that you were not injured or worse.

scooter

"Never thought it would happen to me!" How often have I heard that! ...
    Sorry for your traumatic experience. Probably stating the obvious, but is this registered with The Watch Register?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Be safe all, and learn from my misfortune!

Mike Wood
    And what would be the lesson? Wear a Casio F91-W?!

Master
    That must have been a scary ordeal, but at least you are able to recount the tale here. With so many scrotes carrying blades these days it could have been much worse.
    As to punishment if caught, I have worked in the justice system for many years and despair at what is going on. Punishment is a dirty word, focus on rehabilitation etc, there is no effective sanction, the CJS is totally "carrot" focused. And of course I am sure they would rely on their "mental elf" issues to dodge custody.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Glad you are physically unharmed Mike, that's the main thing.

Re some of the comments around tough sentencing for offenders, some of you may remember my post around my Speedy Pro that was stolen in Thailand and the police solved the case. The perpetrator, a 32 year old female associate of the room maid got 14 years in prison. Whilst I feel really bad that a mother (she had 2 kids) will miss their childhood (as she has little chance of parole) I suppose it does act as a proper deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Sorry for your traumatic experience. Probably stating the obvious, but is this registered with The Watch Register?
    Yes.

... Back at my hotel I recorded the theft with The Watch Register and Audemars Piguet, and the Police turned up at midnight to take my statement. ...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Glad you are physically unharmed Mike, that's the main thing.

Re some of the comments around tough sentencing for offenders, some of you may remember my post around my Speedy Pro that was stolen in Thailand and the police solved the case. The perpetrator, a 32 year old female associate of the room maid got 14 years in prison. Whilst I feel really bad that a mother (she had 2 kids) will miss their childhood (as she has little chance of parole) I suppose it does act as a proper deterrent.
    That disposal seems a bit draconian, even to me, but tougher sentencing may act as a deterrent in some cases. The problem with that is that the perp pretty much never believes that they will be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    That disposal seems a bit draconian, even to me, but tougher sentencing may act as a deterrent in some cases. The problem with that is that the perp pretty much never believes that they will be caught.

Yes very draconian but nothing compared to drugs offence sentencing in Thailand (well all of asia for that matter) . And the prisons aren't exactly the Ritz either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Yes.
    Gah!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Even if they catch the scum a severs talking to is probably their fate, birch the bastards then remove a hand with a blunt blade, make them and others think twice, second offence, deportation to somewhere like Antarctica.
    Too harsh on Antarctica. I agree with he rest.

Master
    Really sorry to hear this, glad you are OK.

Sorry to hear this Mike, very unpleasant indeed. Thankfully you were not injured which is the most important thing at the end of the day.

Watches are just metal “things”, your health is far more precious.

Lawless societies are going to need vigilantes to take the law into their own hands. This needs to be dealt with an iron fist and zero tolerance with grave consequences.