closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Finally found the Panerai 000

Craftsman

Finally found the Panerai 000

My watch collecting journey has brought me from Rolexes to radium-happy Jardur & Lemanias, to yachting Omegas and back to Rolexes again. I thought I’d be ready for anything but I still got a little shock of surprise upon first receiving the 000.

At first I thought, for lack of a better word: “hum wow hmmmmmmm” as I gazed into this huge dial, in an even bigger case, strapped into a leather strap so wide I could make a shoe out of it and adorned with a buckle fit to open beer bottles. Borderline vulgar.

After a day though, love struck and I soon realised that this 000 is the coolest watch I’d ever owned. Black dial, black rubber, clean dial and industrial looking crown locking mechanism. As if that wasn’t great enough, the 000’s greatest feature may well be its domed crystal. That’s something nobody ever mentions!
    Finally, and thankfully, the 000 makes me feel manly and helps compensate for my lack of football knowledge ;)

The Rolexes have been locked up for the time being and I’ve found a new companion for the foreseeable future.

In any case, it took me 3 years to come by a 000, which I thought was surprising, but really happy I found one and keen to explore the panerai range further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit I never really understood this. The Pam 000 (Logo) was introduced in 2004, however it is pretty much identical to the PAM 002 which originally came out in 97 at the same time they released the PAM 001 (with a sub second Dial). My own Pam 002 predates the PAM 000 by 3 years. Hence the numbering sequence is a bit odd.

Cracking watch all the same. I have enjoyed owning my for 18 years and it's stood up it my treatment rather well.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Now to dive into the world of straps!! Enjoy

Having handled one of these I must agree that it’s a stunning watch!

Craftsman
    A watch that compensates for lack of football knowledge, I need one !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’m getting. more and more taken by these, I can see one on the horizon soon.

Always loved the 000, IMHO all you need in a Panerai. I’d love one

D

Master
    Great watch......I love them. I have one of the first 005, with the 'long arrow' and really enjoy wearing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Finally, and thankfully, the 000 makes me feel manly and helps compensate for my lack of football knowledge ;)
    <giggle> Very good.

Congratulations on the watch.

Craftsman
    Well done. Congratulation.

I have one and will never leave my collection

Was close to buying one but never did.

Now as my collection gets smaller, may look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    My watch collecting journey has brought me from Rolexes to radium-happy Jardur & Lemanias, to yachting Omegas and back to Rolexes again. I thought I’d be ready for anything but I still got a little shock of surprise upon first receiving the 000.

At first I thought, for lack of a better word: “hum wow hmmmmmmm” as I gazed into this huge dial, in an even bigger case, strapped into a leather strap so wide I could make a shoe out of it and adorned with a buckle fit to open beer bottles. Borderline vulgar.

After a day though, love struck and I soon realised that this 000 is the coolest watch I’d ever owned. Black dial, black rubber, clean dial and industrial looking crown locking mechanism. As if that wasn’t great enough, the 000’s greatest feature may well be its domed crystal. That’s something nobody ever mentions!

The Rolexes have been locked up for the time being and I’ve found a new companion for the foreseeable future.

In any case, it took me 3 years to come by a 000, which I thought was surprising, but really happy I found one and keen to explore the panerai range further.

Congrats, nice to see the original 000 still being picked up. It was the 1st watch I lusted after when looking to get a Pam. In the end I went for the updated 560, in house 8 day movement and sandwich dial. The straps can become addictive. Although think recently I have found my go to piece - kodiak waterproof leather, variety of colours available, but a leather strap which so far has coped with all the water like a rubber strap. I'll post some pictures later.

Generally mine has now become a weekend watch, BB58 on my wrist most days. Sometimes I consider selling it, but know it will be missed and I struggle to pick one up again. Instantly recognisable, legible and comfortable for a big watch. Enjoy

Craftsman
    I have a 112, it’s plain and simple!
    From a time when Panerai only made a few models, now the choice is endless!

Nice one ! Enjoy.

005 on today...