closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch storage advice

Master
    Blog Entries

Watch storage advice

Quick question folks, I go through phases of wearing one or two watches from the deposit box and leaving the rest for some time, maybe months.

Is there anything advisable when doing this in terms of crowns?

Is it better to leave the crown screwed or pushed in, unscrewed or in the setting position?

Or does it make zero difference...?

Grand Master
    Just leave them as they are, crown pushed in. I leave some of mine for several months in storage. There’s an argument for leaving a quartz watch stopped, it may conserve the battery (not totally) but apart from that there’s no benefit.

That reminds me, a few of mine are immobile, awaiting some work, New Years Resolution is to give full priority to sorting my own watches out.

Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Quick question folks, I go through phases of wearing one or two watches from the deposit box and leaving the rest for some time, maybe months.

Is there anything advisable when doing this in terms of crowns?

Is it better to leave the crown screwed or pushed in, unscrewed or in the setting position?

Or does it make zero difference...?
    Watches languishing in safety deposit boxes is such a shame, watches worn in rotation is what a 'core' collection makes the enjoyment of ownership all about. Get 'em out & on the wrist regularly. Answering your question though, IMHO, it makes Zero difference. Just try and make sure you have a couple of silica bags to soak up any humidity/condensation if they are in a cold steel drawer!