closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommendations sought- private possessions policy, all risks

Master

Recommendations sought- private possessions policy, all risks

My present insurance company of some thirty odd years (the one with the fat, prostibulous, insufflating chief executive) has decided to withdraw their all risks policies from the market. :-(

I only need to insure two watches and and two rings - can anyone recommend someone that charges reasonable prices and will accept photographs, since the watches are about 25 years old and I think that receipts may have gone west in our last house move.

TIA

B

Master
    I think Hiscox does this type of policy.

Hiscox will, they're never cheap. but cheap is rarely good when it comes to insurance.

Master
    Thanks Guys I'll give them a call. :-)

B

NFU without doubt.

I was with Hiscox, got fed up with them hiking prices and reducing limits, I have heard they are pulling out of this market, don’t know if it is true. But take my word for it NFU are in a different league, lower cost, much better cover and they even sent a bloke round to do agreed valuations.
    Last edited by adrianw; 11th December 2019 at 23:11.

We’re with NFU for our buildings and contents, had a fairly large claim on the buildings due to subsidence a couple of years ago, the claim was dealt with quickly enough, and quite generously, with no hassle, so if they do the kind of policy you’re after, they’re worth a look.

Master
    Many thanks - I don't think that I have even heard of NFU.

I shall call them.

B

Craftsman
    The alternative is to use a broker. I started using one after a burglary that made us very difficult to insure.

Mine is with Vasek, but I don’t think you can get it directly from them.

Master
    As a counter we have had a claim with NFU and frankly they have been poor.
    The contacts have been passed from local office to regional office through a claims company to a subcontractor who then failed to offer the service required, to another sub contractor who cancelled for a month at a couple of days notice. They have finally done the work and now I'm going to have to chase various parties on the list to get the snagging sorted. The NFU aren't interested, they just refer you to any other point on the very long list. The excess was high and frankly the work done is barely more than the excess would have paid for.
    Next year the NFU are history.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    As a counter we have had a claim with NFU and frankly they have been poor.
    The contacts have been passed from local office to regional office through a claims company to a subcontractor who then failed to offer the service required, to another sub contractor who cancelled for a month at a couple of days notice. They have finally done the work and now I'm going to have to chase various parties on the list to get the snagging sorted. The NFU aren't interested, they just refer you to any other point on the very long list. The excess was high and frankly the work done is barely more than the excess would have paid for.
    Next year the NFU are history.

I thought we were going to have a similar experience with our claim when NFU appointed a sub contractor and a claims handler, but it all went well.