closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone used Chronext to sell a watch?

Master

Anyone used Chronext to sell a watch?

I’m looking to shift my Hublot Classic Fusion Chrono 45mm and tried To do a valuation on Chronext. They’ve come back with a SoR option only, 18% commission and on top of that they will polish the watch (€250 cost to me) & potentially a service (another 250 - 500) but that would be optional.

Has anyone sold a watch through them and had a positive experience? The initial estimate they provide on what they think the watch will sell is accurate (non Rolex brands obviously) ?

Craftsman
    I have never used them on a SoR basis but have sold a watch to them and they paid a fair price. However took an unacceptably long amount of time to transfer payment.

This thread may be worth a read...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...light=chronext

Master
    Thanks, I vaguely remember seeing that tread now. Best to avoid I guess!

Craftsman
    So is there a better website to move watches on ? I’ve got a few Tudors to sell

Master
    They offer me 600 quid for an IWC 2000. I declined, sold it for 2750 a day later.

There's better places to sell

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why don't people sell on SC?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    For me personally I’ve had a very bad experience when selling (a car) privately to the point where it actually got stolen hence it’s dented my confidence to do it again.

I've never used Chronext but have used Chrono24 a few times. I have a watch I sold through them shipping overseas as we speak (or as I type!). They charge 6.5%.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ok fair enough. I would of thought watchfinder would be the easy quick sale option. They do have a lot of stock though so the offer might be poor.

I've heard a lot of people on here talk positively about their dealings with them though.

I would just add that this place is not like most private selling platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    For me personally I’ve had a very bad experience when selling (a car) privately to the point where it actually got stolen hence it’s dented my confidence to do it again.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 11th December 2019 at 23:55.

I’ve sold two watches to chronext. After negotiations I got very fair price, better than I tried to sell here. Chronext paid and organised shipping and after inspection I got my money.

Recently the SC crowd is picky. They'll want it for less than the trade because of the spirit of the forum. Most other times they're saving all their money for Rolex. A couple of times now I've been offered more by the trade than what the exact same watch is listed for by someone else on SC and the bumps go unnoticed.

Anyone used Chronext to sell a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Fair enough but try and give SC a go, it’s all about honesty, as long as your upfront about the condition and history then there shouldn’t be any issues, maybe only deal with long term members for your own trust reasons..

SC is a better place with lots of watch sales.

Master
    Fair points, might have to be brave and just Be clear and meet in a very public place. Mind you the car I was selling was through Pistonheads so always thought users on that forum/site are also proper enthusiasts....

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Fair enough but try and give SC a go, it’s all about honesty, as long as your upfront about the condition and history then there shouldn’t be any issues, maybe only deal with long term members for your own trust reasons..

SC is a better place with lots of watch sales.
    Ok fair enough. I would of thought watchfinder would be the easy quick sale option. They do have a lot of stock though so the offer might be poor.

I've heard a lot of people on here talk positively about their dealings with them though.

I would just add that this place is not like most private selling platforms.

Craftsman
    For what it's worth the only reason I haven't sold on SC up until now is the 250 (from memory?) post requirement. I don't want to spam the forum with useless "Nice watch!" posts, and I guess I just don't have much to add to most threads ... so using SC wasn't an option. I completely understand why the limit is there, but I think for many users they'll take years to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
    For what it's worth the only reason I haven't sold on SC up until now is the 250 (from memory?) post requirement. I don't want to spam the forum with useless "Nice watch!" posts, and I guess I just don't have much to add to most threads ... so using SC wasn't an option. I completely understand why the limit is there, but I think for many users they'll take years to get to that point.
    Congrats on post #251

I tried to sell an IWC through them and got a seriously low offer... hope your sale went well:)