closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex and Fraser Hart

Rolex and Fraser Hart

Just some news FYI
    I've not worked for FH for over 15 years now but I still find this quite sad
    https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-and-f...-part-company/

WOS Group tightening their grip on the UK Rolex market picking up another 4 stores. Beaverbrooks look to be taking three stores possibly allowing them to be a Rolex AD for the first time if the agency is transferred.

won't be missed by me.

I've tried to buy / get my name down for a couple of SS sports models at their Kingston store only to be told in no uncertain terms that as I wasn't an existing customer they wouldn't entertain it...

I did ask how I could actually become a customer if they weren't going to sell me a watch, only to be met with a blank stare.

Despite owning 3 it's this kind of attitude from not only the retailers but Rolex themselves that puts me off the brand

SydR
    Will make no difference at all in Scotland. There are a total of 7 Rolex ADs in the country with 2 virtually across the street from each other in Edinburgh and the same again in Glasgow.

The Fraser Hart store on Princes Street still seems to be doing well turning over Tudor and Tag Heuer watches.

Fraser Hart in Solihull have been a joke from a sales perspective - openly advising they need you to spend XXXX and introduce big spenders to get rewarded
    I did tip somebody off about a Hulk from there once (wish I'd have known then what I know now though lol)

ON the flip side - they are quite heavy discounters on other brands

Craftsman
    There were other threads hinting at FH holding less Rolex AD status. I noted that Worcester FH is no longer listed. FH are also not stocking Zenith watches- only found this out when I visited a branch.

Ah jesus I've only just bought an EXPII from the York store and they obviously have my warranty card etc. I'd also gone on the list for a CHNR (I've bought quite a bit with them this year).

May give them a call and see if I can get my card based on this and the other thread about no longer keeping hold

Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    won't be missed by me.

I've tried to buy / get my name down for a couple of SS sports models at their Kingston store only to be told in no uncertain terms that as I wasn't an existing customer they wouldn't entertain it...

I did ask how I could actually become a customer if they weren't going to sell me a watch, only to be met with a blank stare.

Despite owning 3 it's this kind of attitude from not only the retailers but Rolex themselves that puts me off the brand
    I agree I didn’t have a great experience in Kingston. I sympathise with stores having so little supply compared to demand, but I was treated a lot better every other store I went to (especially the ones that sold me my LVC and BLRO!)

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    WOS Group tightening their grip on the UK Rolex market picking up another 4 stores. Beaverbrooks look to be taking three stores possibly allowing them to be a Rolex AD for the first time if the agency is transferred.
    I would assume WoS are acquiring the Rolex branches and the branches acquired by Beaverbrooks wont be Rolex agent or will be losing the agency. Rolex are cutting the number of ADs.

Horrible experience too at FH.
    I was treated like a time waster.
    So I took my business to Goldsmiths and WOS and 7 Rolexes later, still very happy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I bought a couple of Rolexes over the years from FH Kingston (the last time being in 2011). Recently I tried to get on the wait list for SS Prof models but got nowhere even when I explained that my details should still be on their system. Not great service.

Master
    I had a similar experience in the croydon store, simply wouldn't entertain taking my name for a sports rolex as i wasn't an existing customer. tbh, i was glad they were honest and they were very polite about it. if it keeps its AD satus as a Beaverbrooks, I wonder if the new owners would see the previous store customers as their lucky potential buyers of sports rolex, or would bring or create their own list?

Master
    FH in Maidstone has lost Rolex & Omega since the summer. Interesting about Beaverbrooks, in Maidstone the 2 stores are directly opposite each other.

Master
    Beaverbrooks taking over my local FH here in Milton Keynes. Keeping staff and Rolex status, but doubt my position in any 'lists'.

Journeyman
    I spoke to them about a Rolex GMT about a year ago and was told email your purchase history to us and with a reasons about why you should be allocated one

...wow

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

The York store is certainly looking a little tired but so is the street it is on, be interesting to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Beaverbrooks taking over my local FH here in Milton Keynes. Keeping staff and Rolex status, but doubt my position in any 'lists'.
    Phoned them about my list position and they were quite upfront
    and basically they do not know if present fh list will be honoured
    I think it was a nice way of saying you now have zero chance now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

I called as well....and came to the same conclusion. That's if I ever was on a list :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    I called as well....and came to the same conclusion. That's if I ever was on a list :-)

I think that’s always the risk of having a relationship with/being on a waiting list at a smaller group or an independent. People who get their watches might get them quicker (shorter waiting lists) but this might also happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Stokieboy View Post
    I bought a couple of Rolexes over the years from FH Kingston (the last time being in 2011). Recently I tried to get on the wait list for SS Prof models but got nowhere even when I explained that my details should still be on their system. Not great service.
    Similar at Brent Cross. When I explained what I had bought as they said existing customers only I was told "but what have you bought in the last 12 months? Do you have any recent purchase history?"

My last purchase before then was just under 2 years before for a BLNR which I had to pay for up front and they sourced from another store within 2 weeks after waiting 6 months.

Service isn't their strongest attribute.

I don’t suppose they’ll honour that CHNR that I’m on the 5 years waiting list for then.

FH in Brent Cross used to be pretty good. Service seemed to fall away once a few of the long-standing members of staff left which was around the same time as the expensive extension and dedicated Rolex section was added.

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    FH in Brent Cross used to be pretty good. Service seemed to fall away once a few of the long-standing members of staff left which was around the same time as the expensive extension and dedicated Rolex section was added.
    Yep, Chris and the other guy were always good. Once they left and the shop expanded it went downhill. I now go out of London for Rolex but always the same AD.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, Chris and the other guy were always good. Once they left and the shop expanded it went downhill. I now go out of London for Rolex but always the same AD.
    Yep. Always dealt with Shahida and the young chap who was a musician. Always helpful and friendly. When I walk in there now I feel like I’m intruding

I bought my wife quite an expensive ring from FH, only for one of the stones to come out a few months down the line (despite it only having been worn a handful of times). Fortunately, we found the stone but FH refused point blank to repair it under warranty despite the fact the setting was clearly not fit for purpose.

I've voted with my feet and FH won't be seeing a penny of my money from now on.

Cheers,

Plug

I'm still getting over Argos losing Elizabeth Duke.

Craftsman

Wops
    Take it all back
    Just got a call today picking up tommorow

Blog Entries
    Wops
    Take it all back

Amazing! I bet they have a safe stuffed full of unicorn pieces they are now offloading.

Craftsman
    Wops
    Take it all back

Congrats! Which piece is this?!

Craftsman
    Sub non date
    After owning many rolexs over the years i just fell out of love with Cyclops
    I sold my hulk early this year to replace with for me a perfect piece

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sub non date
    After owning many rolexs over the years i just fell out of love with Cyclops
    I sold my hulk early this year to replace with for me a perfect piece

Best watch they make. Congrats.

Sad to see this happening hopefully no job losses.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Will only ever be one Rolex dealer for me, anywhere - Hamilton and Inches in Edinburgh.

Staff and service beyond reproach and always made to feel welcome.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    Just some news FYI
    I've not worked for FH for over 15 years now but I still find this quite sad
    https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-and-f...-part-company/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I don’t suppose they’ll honour that CHNR that I’m on the 5 years waiting list for then.

Happened to me back in the early 2000’s when the deposit (£500) for my Daytona was returned with a letter saying the AD was selling his business and the new owners were not going to be Rolex stockists.

Wrote a letter to Rolex and explained my predicament that I’d lost my place in the queue through no fault of my own.

Never got a reply , so sent a letter to the Rolex UK CEO by recorded delivery, complaining about my first letter not being replied to and that a global brand was providing poor customer service by not doing so.

I got a letter of apology including a delivery date of the following April .

The following April I got the call and collected it the same day.

Maybe worth a try ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    While it is disappointing for those at FH to be losing Rolex as a brand I think it is a good move for anyone now buying a Rolex from WOS group as they will get a 10 year warranty with their new watches.
    Really? 10 year warranty?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Really? 10 year warranty?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Yes, extra 5 from the AD.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Yes, extra 5 from the AD.
    I think you'll find our friend Zenius is just speed posting in the hope he may enter a certain place. Could be wrong of course.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The Fraser Hart store in Peterborough Queensgate opened with a Rolex area but that’s been gone for some months now. Luckily for them with the demise of the neighbouring Goldsmiths store, they’ve taken up a few of the brand offerings and still offer things that the Beaverbrooks upstairs doesn’t so always good for a browse. I always wondered if it was a bit ambitious for Peterborough though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Happened to me back in the early 2000’s when the deposit (£500) for my Daytona was returned with a letter saying the AD was selling his business and the new owners were not going to be Rolex stockists.

Wrote a letter to Rolex and explained my predicament that I’d lost my place in the queue through no fault of my own.

Never got a reply , so sent a letter to the Rolex UK CEO by recorded delivery, complaining about my first letter not being replied to and that a global brand was providing poor customer service by not doing so.

I got a letter of apology including a delivery date of the following April .

The following April I got the call and collected it the same day.

Maybe worth a try ?
    Who did you actually buy from in this scenario?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    I think you'll find our friend Zenius is just speed posting in the hope he may enter a certain place. Could be wrong of course.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    0.25 posts a day speed poster. Is he a sloth?

No biggie about FH for me. The MK store as mentioned below is particularly crap the only thing I’ve ever got in there is an attitude problem from one of the managers wearing a hulk. Guess he bumped himself up the list.
    The Leeds store is equally woeful. Last time I was there they dedicated half of the window to citizen and had a small longines case inside.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Will only ever be one Rolex dealer for me, anywhere - Hamilton and Inches in Edinburgh.

Staff and service beyond reproach and always made to feel welcome.

Jim
    Hamilton and Inches is indeed a pretty special place. I bought my North Flag from there, preowned - possibly the cheapest thing they sold! Are they pretty tough with their list, or will they politely decline enquiries?

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    Hamilton and Inches is indeed a pretty special place. I bought my North Flag from there, preowned - possibly the cheapest thing they sold! Are they pretty tough with their list, or will they politely decline enquiries?
    Hamilton and Inches informed me that they has closed their list for a Sub when I enquired a couple of years ago. Laings, virtually across the road, were quoting a three to four year wait at that time too.

An AD in Cheshire got me mine within three months. So yes H&I ‘politely declined’ to deal with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    I agree and really like H&I. As with every AD I think they are very selective as to who they deal with and let join their waiting lists. However they might sell you a Datejust if you ask nicely ;)

Journeyman
    Did this Beaverbrooks deal with Fraser Hart go ahead and are they now a Rolex AD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Did this Beaverbrooks deal with Fraser Hart go ahead and are they now a Rolex AD ?
    Beaverbrooks aren’t a Rolex AD

Journeyman
    Do some research I believe they were about to get AD status as part of this Fraser Hart deal.

There were a number of articles eg WatchPro alluding to this and I wanted to check if it went ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Do some research I believe they were about to get AD status as part of this Fraser Hart deal.

There were a number of articles eg WatchPro alluding to this and I wanted to check if it went ahead.
    Don’t tell me to do research. I’m more than aware of the story. Beaverbrooks may have taken on some FH outlets but did not get a Rolex AD as part of this. A brief internet search Beaverbrooks is not an official Rolex AD.

You do the relevant research rather than resurrecting an old thread.
    Last edited by Nairn1980; 9th April 2020 at 07:41.

Master
    Pretty sure the AD status will be transferred as part of the FH acquisition. Earlier Jan, the manager of my local AD said it would officially become Beaverbrooks from March with absolutely no change operationally apart from a store rebranding, but it was already delayed a month, so likely delayed further given the wider situation.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Who did you actually buy from in this scenario?
    Sorry , just rereading this thread and realised I’d missed this.

I ordered and paid the deposit in a Rolex dealer in Sunderland, they were bought out and the new owners didn’t get the nod from Rolex , that’s why my deposit was returned.

Rolex then allocated the Daytona through Northern Goldsmiths in Newcastle.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Don’t tell me to do research. I’m more than aware of the story. Beaverbrooks may have taken on some FH outlets but did not get a Rolex AD as part of this. A brief internet search Beaverbrooks is not an official Rolex AD.

You do the relevant research rather than resurrecting an old thread.

Maybe you need some fresh air my friend. No need to get stressed out it’s only an online watch forum.

A number of sources state that Beaverbrooks will have the opportunity to sell Rolex as an AD.

I was simply asking if anyone knew anymore on this story and how it had progressed which you obviously don’t.

Thanks for your contribution.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the info KingKetega that sounds logical in the current climate.