closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation - Anyone got one?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation - Anyone got one?

Thinking of buying a mid-high end smart speaker & the Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation seems to be highly recommended for great sound quality & aesthetics. Has anyone got one or the Gen1 version & if so what’s your opinion please?

Any other recommendations for a max outlay of £750?

I listened to the qb1 against the muso and found the qb lacking in comparison in a larger space. It still sounded great but for the difference (and I suspect you could get the muso within your budget now) I’d go for the muso over the qb1. The qb1 is limited by its size and for a smaller study/office space would probably be ideal.

I haven’t heard the qb2 or the second gen muso so can’t offer any insight.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    I listened to the qb1 against the muso and found the qb lacking in comparison in a larger space. It still sounded great but for the difference (and I suspect you could get the muso within your budget now) I’d go for the muso over the qb1. The qb1 is limited by its size and for a smaller study/office space would probably be ideal.

I haven’t heard the qb2 or the second gen muso so can’t offer any insight.
    Thanks for your comments, is the gen1 muso AirPlay 2 compatible?

Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation - Anyone got one?

I own a Muso Gen 1 and I have to say it is the best sounding speaker I have ever had.

I know hifi is very subjective but the sound stage is so wide with good levels of bass you can’t believe it is a one box system. I upgraded from a nakamichi hi fi system and I am not unhappy! It is also loud without any distortion but even when playing at low volumes you still hear the details. It is certainly much better than the smaller Muso-Qb which is still a great speaker but is found lacking when compared to the full Muso. I would certainly recommend lifting your budget to grab a Gen 1 Muso if you can. The Gen2 is suppose to sound better but unless your ears are sound sharp I am not sure you will notice that much difference.

Both Gen 1 and Gen 2 have Air Play 2 support. The Gen 1 had a firmware update to support it. To be honest I have never used Airplay 2 as I just connect via my home WiFi and stream from Tidal or Spotify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paw3001; 11th December 2019 at 14:05.

Master
    I have got the 2nd gen Mu So Qb and I have been v pleased with it so far - had it a month..

I wanted a streamer as I was missing my hi fi which I can't set up again till the living room flooring has been done and I'm leaving that and new sofas till after Xmas.

I was actually looking for a B&W Zeppelin 2 but found it hard to actually buy one in person, then I was misleadingly advised they had been discontinued. As the Naim gets good reviews I thought it was worth the extra £250.
    I have got it in my kitchen and it has sounded v good - although on first trying it sounded better on rock or reggae than EDM which I also like. Must admit not tried much EDM on it since but it might have got better or maybe it was the mix/recording I was listening to..

I have only used it with Spotify Connect and it sounds better on this than just on Bluetooth I think.. I would say that the documentation that comes with it is poor imo. Everything is online/on the Naim app. Not sure if I have downloaded the wrong app or if there are two but the app seems to be for set up and extra rooms.. I have searched for a manual but can only see one for the previous version. Must admit though I'm a bit of a technophobe so need to explore all the features.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the recommendations. As my room is quite small I decided to plump for a Gen 1 Muso QB which was available as manufacturer refurbished for £399 delivered. It arrived yesterday and is indistinguishable from brand new with original box etc. Probably just a way of moving on the old model.

Very easy setup, playing music within 5 minutes, initial impressions are favourable.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    I have got the 2nd gen Mu So Qb and I have been v pleased with it so far - had it a month..

I wanted a streamer as I was missing my hi fi which I can't set up again till the living room flooring has been done and I'm leaving that and new sofas till after Xmas.

I was actually looking for a B&W Zeppelin 2 but found it hard to actually buy one in person, then I was misleadingly advised they had been discontinued. As the Naim gets good reviews I thought it was worth the extra £250.
    I have got it in my kitchen and it has sounded v good - although on first trying it sounded better on rock or reggae than EDM which I also like. Must admit not tried much EDM on it since but it might have got better or maybe it was the mix/recording I was listening to..

I have only used it with Spotify Connect and it sounds better on this than just on Bluetooth I think.. I would say that the documentation that comes with it is poor imo. Everything is online/on the Naim app. Not sure if I have downloaded the wrong app or if there are two but the app seems to be for set up and extra rooms.. I have searched for a manual but can only see one for the previous version. Must admit though I'm a bit of a technophobe so need to explore all the features.
    No manual for gen2 but its an online user guide ... https://www.naimaudio.com/mu-so-support

Master
    thanks for the link, hadn't seen that, now bookmarked..

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. As my room is quite small I decided to plump for a Gen 1 Muso QB which was available as manufacturer refurbished for £399 delivered. It arrived yesterday and is indistinguishable from brand new with original box etc. Probably just a way of moving on the old model.

Very easy setup, playing music within 5 minutes, initial impressions are favourable.

Great stuff. If you dont mind me asking, where was this £399 from? I would love to get one. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotman View Post
    Great stuff. If you dont mind me asking, where was this £399 from? I would love to get one. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Here you go

https://petertyson.co.uk/naim-mu-so-...er-refurbished

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    Great thank you.

I had a demo of both and ended up going for the 2nd Gen Muso.. the QB sounded like it would be ok for a small room.. however, it didn’t quite have the oomf or refinement of the bigger box.. I was also very tempted by the Kef LSX speakers... whilst not a single box solution.. actually sounded very tasty indeed. I mostly listen via Roon or stream Spotify.. both work a treat with the Naim kit and app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk