closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A PayPal Question

Master

A PayPal Question

I have three currencies in my "PayPal" account, one £, one $ and a Euro account

If I pay by PayPal for an eBay purchase, with the item being sold on eBay in Euros, will PayPal automatically charge that Euro payment against my Euro account provided that the Euro balance in PP is sufficient to cover the purchase.
    (PP have my £ Bank Account as a back up if there are not sufficient funds in my PP account to cover any purchases)

seems logical that it should but I just wanted to check as I cannot remember what happened last time I made a Euro purchase
    Last edited by BillN; 10th December 2019 at 21:36.

It would seem logical to us mere mortals, yes. I think though that eBay would convert it to £'s if you buy via the .co.uk route and pass that on to Paypal. Try buying it through the .de or .fr domain (whichever, doesn't matter I think).

Steve

I think it will always be charged on the currency that the auction was listed, even if you buy via other local eBay.

Paypal usually gives you the option to choose the source for the payment, being one of the currencies you have on PayPal, credit card or bank account.

My bank exchange rate is always better then the one PayPal uses.

Master
    Thanks guys - so if the price is quoted in Euros, (the item is in France), but on eBay UK there is a £ equivalent with that little flag at the side saying it has been converted to £'s, and then showing the Euro price - I will be charged at that Euro price if I pay by PP and if I have Euros in my PP Account - that account, the Euro balance will be charged first and I will have the option to chose this Euro PP balance when I pay on eBay for the item