closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone else noticed how little Rolex stock the shops have.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    A sub date and a GMT back to back in 2 months? They must really love you as a customer!
    GMT was the older TT one as I wanted one for sentimental value. They managed to get one for me; which was really good of them. I have asked them for the new Rose gold GMT. I turned it down before when they offered it to me.
    I may as well buy it as I will end up buying it later again.
    Lesson to self don’t sell GMT! First time I got a TT GMT; it cost me £4750 this time it was double that, I guess you live and learn.
    Last edited by shoppy; 11th December 2019 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    They put in the window what they want tourists/randoms to buy.
    The more desirable stuff never hits the window and goes to the regular and vip customers.
    I had quiet a long chat with guy in Harrods, he told me the it’ is owned by them and not a concession and that every watch they had in stock was on display.
    Last edited by adrianw; 11th December 2019 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    every watch they had in stock was on display.
    I would guess that is unlikely, unless everything desirable has been sold and they are waiting for more to be delivered to put in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    I would guess that is unlikely, unless everything desirable has been sold and they are waiting for more to be delivered to put in the safe.
    Why would he lie.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I have asked them for the new Rose gold GMT. I turned it down before when they offered it to me.
    Like this one?

Master
    [QUOTE=Bravo73;5270730]Like this one?

Yes thats the one and the TT offered both before; but I am only after the TT one currently.

Why would he lie.
    Less likely to offend, less likely to get people pleading to sell the popular models. There are countless threads where people have had watches come out of safes after buying PM pieces.

Maybe I’m just cynical! Although even small ADs have mentioned stuff they’ve had in the safe to me

Blog Entries
    Simple, take the car to one of the ferries. Drive two hours through Belgium or Holland to Maastricht. (By far the most beautiful and mondaine city of the Netherlands). There are 3 Rolex suppliers, new and used.

https://www.steinermaastricht.nl In the Stokstraat. That shop has been selling vintage and new watches (Rolex) since mid-80s
    https://www.juwelierburger.com/NL/index Beautiful new shop near the train station
    https://scorpione.nl Little off the beaten track, in a residential area East of the station. Very welcoming older guy. Call him to be sure the shop's open. When you step outside, make sure you try to peek into his next-door neighbour's garage - if you want to spot a handful of vintage Bugatti's and other exotic stuff you only see on pictures! Don't try to step inside. Strangers are not really welcome in the garage!

Maastricht has a lot to offer. Given the amount of exclusive shops (clothing) rest assured that your better half will love the town as well!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 12th December 2019 at 07:21.

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Less likely to offend, less likely to get people pleading to sell the popular models. There are countless threads where people have had watches come out of safes after buying PM pieces.

Maybe I’m just cynical! Although even small ADs have mentioned stuff they’ve had in the safe to me
    I think that you are being cynical and maybe not giving him credit for having some integrity, we had already discussed the watch my wife is thinking of buying and were having a general chat, he volunteered his statement that the only stock they had was on display.

I had quiet a long chat with guy in Harrods, he told me the it’ is owned by them and not a concession and that every watch they had in stock was on display.
    I do not believe it at all, I reserved and purchased a Rolex from Harrods that was never on display 114300. Certain models are kept in the safe.

Why would he lie.
    Plenty of reasons.
    If he admitted they had stuff in the safe for their preferred and vip customers, people would just be hassling staff and appealing to be able to buy/view them.

The volume of tourists through Harrods is unreal. Every time I’m there I see Chinese tourists walking in asking for “hulk, Pepsi, Daytona”. ADs want these tourists to buy the slow moving stuff (little chance of repeat custom plus they get VAT refund)
    Last edited by Nairn1980; 12th December 2019 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I do not believe it at all, I reserved and purchased a Rolex from Harrods that was never on display 114300. Certain models are kept in the safe.
    Last week?