closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Springbar Pliers or Tweezers

Master

Springbar Pliers or Tweezers

Are the ones off Amazon or eBay - about £15 any good?

"6825" standard!!!

presumably they are copying a number from Bergeon
    Last edited by BillN; 9th December 2019 at 22:59.

The pliers are fine, the pins are not. There is a very useful 'Spring Bar Pliers from China - Micro Review' from 200mwaterresistant in the Reviews forum.

I bought one from eBay earlier in the year and whilst the plier is of decent quality, the fork tips are made of very soft metal. I'm sure replacement Bergeon ends are available.

I have the Bergeon tweezers and they're very useful. I also have the regular spring bar tools too. I seem to use the spring bar tools on all watches but the tweezers only on Rolex. Still more difficult than you'd think it would be but definitely better, just a shame how expensive they are.

Master
    Thanks guys for your comments

After reading about the quality of the Chinese stuff, particularly the poor quality of the ends, I think I'll get the Bergeon ones - the Bergeon "ends" are expensive and if I add these to the cost of the Chinese pliers off eBay I may as well buy the "proper" stuff

90% of the cost is in the ends. The actual tweezers are probably only a tenner. No point going cheap Chinese tweezer with Bergeon tips.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    90% of the cost is in the ends. The actual tweezers are probably only a tenner. No point going cheap Chinese tweezer with Bergeon tips.
    The Bergeon spring bar fork tools seem to be £11.75p each - whereas the 6825 is £122.95 + VAT

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/bergeon-6825

Bizarrely - the replacement ends for the Tweezers, 7825, are more expensive than the complete unit

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/be...g-bar-tweezers
    Last edited by BillN; 10th December 2019 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    The Bergeon spring bar fork tools seem to be £11.75p each - whereas the 6825 is £122.95

Bizarrely - the replacement ends for the Tweezers, 7825, are more expensive than the complete unit

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/be...g-bar-tweezers
    Yep, those are the ones I have. Each time I use them I'm scared of snapping one and seeing £100 go down the drain.

Got mine from HS Walsh. They're cheaper direct than their store on Amazon but looking at that link Cousin's is probably best. Stupid price either way though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, those are the ones I have. Each time I use them I'm scared of snapping one and seeing £100 go down the drain.

Got mine from HS Walsh. They're cheaper direct than their store on Amazon but looking at that link Cousin's is probably best. Stupid price either way though.
    The 7812 kit doesn't seem a bad buy - I can then "junk" some of my Chinese stuff

I thought about it the other day - I must be mad using this Chinese stuff, purchased for a few pounds on my Rolex watches, (and now my Seiko) - but there you go

I had about £10k "spare", well not spare, but I decided not to stick it in the usual ISA that would just sit there, I thought that I would buy a few more watches as the dividend really is in wearing them and learning about their history - my wife's £10k may go the same way, when she is not looking

Master
    Just watched the video on here:

Even in the hands of an expert, I cringe at the thought of the lugs or bracelet getting scratched. I need something to carry out a micro-adjustment on my 11400 Air King bracelet - not sure I dare.

Master
    Gone for the Bergeon, got the 6825 standard plus fine ends in addition as apparently the "fine" ends are good for steel bracelets but they can cut into a leather strap - I know it is very much more expensive than the Chinese stuff - but I'll be much happier using it

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Gone for the Bergeon, got the 6825 standard plus fine ends in addition as apparently the "fine" ends are good for steel bracelets but they can cut into a leather strap - I know it is very much more expensive than the Chinese stuff - but I'll be much happier using it
    That's what I've got - it's surprising how useful it is, I last used it to fit a combi bracelet on a Casio Gw-m5610. I'd never use it with a leather strap but for some bracelets where there's no wiggle room with the end link, it's the tool for the job.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk