closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orient making stronger push into UK?

Orient making stronger push into UK?

I was reading an article about a new Orient diver and came across this:

The England-based Orient team mentioned that the brand was really making a push into the European (and Western, for that matter) market and, due to this, we were told to expect more points of sale
    https://www.fratellowatches.com/summ...orient-kamasu/

Anyone know any more about these plans? Where the team is based?

(Seems odd they are in UK but no UK retailer?)
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 9th December 2019 at 22:29.

I hadn't seen the article or heard of these plans, but Orient current models are widely available in the U.K. And EU. I bought a Mako 3, the limited edition one with the mother of pearl effect Blue dial. It was stunning to look at, but Orient for some strange reason have developed an issue with the crowns. With each new model they seem to get worse. The one I bought was dreadful, so fiddly and felt like the crown was going to come away from the watch every time you used it. I ended up returning it for a full refund.

The old Mark 1 Mako had a superb larger crown that caused no issues at all. The Mako 2 introduced hacking and winding and got rid of the day setting crown at the 2 o'clock position that some loved and others didn't, but people on several forums again moaned about the crowns.

Sorry, but I can't miss an opportunity to show a gratuitous wrist shot of the Mark 1 set that I had which included the rare Yellow US only limited release.

They are fantastic watches for very little money.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 9th December 2019 at 22:44.

I love my Orient Air Diver, it has the added bonus of not having the Embassy Regal logo on the dial.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Sorry, but I can't miss an opportunity to show a gratuitous wrist shot of the Mark 1 set that I had which included the rare Yellow US only limited release.

Fab shot Ken but you know that. I've had two "yella fellas" myself, first one picked up in person from a guy in Crosby !!

I've had them all but not all at the same time. I'm left with an Orange and a Pepsi now.

Last edited by reggie747; 9th December 2019 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Fab shot Ken but you know that. I've had two "yella fellas" myself, first one picked up in person from a guy in Crosby !!

I've had them all but not all at the same time. I'm left with an Orange and a Pepsi now.
    The Orange has gone from being the poor relation to a rather rare beast. You may remember dealers everywhere had it in stock for a little over £100 and it was a very unloved watch. As is the case in the watch world, it is now extremely rare, try finding one.

Ive just managed to find a US seller who had a couple of NOS and I am getting one back, but I will keep it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The Orange has gone from being the poor relation to a rather rare beast. You may remember dealers everywhere had it in stock for a little over £100 and it was a very unloved watch. As is the case in the watch world, it is now extremely rare, try finding one.

Ive just managed to find a US seller who had a couple of NOS and I am getting one back, but I will keep it this time.
    The orange and blue are the picks IMO. Great little watches!

Craftsman
    I have a blue dial mako 1, and I love the day pusher! Gives it a little more character than the Mako 2 IMHO. It was my first “proper” watch, and what started it all for me. It has certainly seen better days, but I’ll never part with it.

Lovely collection there Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I love my Orient Air Diver, it has the added bonus of not having the Embassy Regal logo on the dial...
    Not just me then. I just can't unsee it. It's put me off buying any of the watches thus branded.

That OS of yours is

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Not just me then. I just can't unsee it. It's put me off buying any of the watches thus branded.
    That's a bit silly.

Another one from my yellow collection.
    This deserves to win the "busiest dial of the week" award complete with fag packet logo

The Orient 'Mini Beast'

I remember buying the Mark 1, some 12 odd years ago as a gift for my brother. I think I paid £80 back then? Actually pretty good watch, better on strap than bracelet I reckon.

Sadly in some completely unknown manner he managed to totally destroy the watch. Heartbreaking!

Overall they make decent watches Orient, no bad thing to try and push the watches more to the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Excursionist is one of my favourite watches. It's a real chunk of a watch for not much money. The crest doesn't bother me at all

Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    That's a bit silly.
    I'm a very silly man.

And that logo is pure gash.

I will no doubt end-up owning one, irrespective.

I've been looking for this Orient white faced saturation diver for a while (Embassy logo notwithstanding.) I realise I'll probably take a big bath on this if I ever need to sell it, but hey! There is one for sale currently on WUS but it is in Italy and my experience of their postal system is not good.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves