closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters

Actually quite keen to see this. Back to a Reitman at the helm, lots of references to the original. I知 a sucker for it. Highly likely I値l be going to the cinema to see it.

https://youtu.be/ahZFCF--uRY

Anyone else of a certain age looking forward to it?
    Last edited by dougair; 9th December 2019 at 21:46.

Master
    First I have seen of it, and it looks good. Looking forward to seeing it now

Didn稚 know about this one but that looks like a lot more interesting take than that shockingly bad remake!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Didn稚 know about this one but that looks like a lot more interesting take than that shockingly bad remake!
    The first two were Ivan Reitman and this is his son Jason so I知 a hoping for a return of some of the magic of the original...it could be just nostalgia mind!

Master
    I like the look of this, bit of a Goonies vibe, bit of Stranger Things, nice connection to the original.

Craftsman
    It will always be a bit of a let down. Imossible to capture the magic of the originals, they were made at a time when effects were still real trickery. The centiment attached to them is not reproducible either and that rose tinted view we all have of watching them as kids colors our opinion substantially.

It still may be a good movie but I doubt it will have the same goofy, borderline just the correct amount of cheese style and warmth of the first two.

I like the look of that, I enjoyed Stranger Things and this has a similar feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson_smyth View Post
    It will always be a bit of a let down. Imossible to capture the magic of the originals, they were made at a time when effects were still real trickery. The centiment attached to them is not reproducible either and that rose tinted view we all have of watching them as kids colors our opinion substantially.

It still may be a good movie but I doubt it will have the same goofy, borderline just the correct amount of cheese style and warmth of the first two.
    Yes I'd agree, it will be a fun film but that element of contrivedness and self awareness of all these remakes is prevalent. Then again 'The Mandalorian' series caught me off guard and evoked it well without riffing off it rattly. I imagine lots of the original GB1 + 2 sub dialogue was ad- libbed by Murray and Ackroyd and it just wouldn't happen as well as it would now. Rick Moranis is another little gem. Some of the stuff he was spouting about Goza in the original leaned to a whole sub-category of Ghostbusters lore that could of made ten sequels.

The trailer is clever and not gave to much away about Peter, Winston or Ray yet. This whole kids take over the mantle aswell is a bit suspect although better than a bunch of woke woman and Chris Hemsworth as the empty headed secretary. I'm hoping it turns out well and the trailer does look good.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks ok but it will not touch the originals. Though anything has to be better than that last pile of crap.

That reboot was absolutely woeful, one of the few films I've ever switched off after 20 mins. This looks to be a far better effort

Master
    Now that does look fun.