closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unvented Water Cylinder

Unvented Water Cylinder

Bit of a strange one here as I have just updated my ensuite but feel I now need more water pressure to run the new taps ect so I am thinking that a new unvented cylinder would be the way to go as I have quite a new condensing boiler that works well.Its a four bedroomed house with 2 ensuites and a family bathroom so a bit more pressure would be good.The 2 showers are pumped but quite noisy so I've done some reading and a unvented tank would seems a good idea.I have phoned one plumber thats local and explained what I'm after and he said a ball park figure to change the existing tank in the airing cupboard with me suppling the tank and valves ect as these come as a package with the tank would be about £1200 for the new pipe work does this seem reasonable?
    Thanks for your help
    Fifa

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by squashy1 View Post
    Bit of a strange one here as I have just updated my ensuite but feel I now need more water pressure to run the new taps ect so I am thinking that a new unvented cylinder would be the way to go as I have quite a new condensing boiler that works well.Its a four bedroomed house with 2 ensuites and a family bathroom so a bit more pressure would be good.The 2 showers are pumped but quite noisy so I've done some reading and a unvented tank would seems a good idea.I have phoned one plumber thats local and explained what I'm after and he said a ball park figure to change the existing tank in the airing cupboard with me suppling the tank and valves ect as these come as a package with the tank would be about £1200 for the new pipe work does this seem reasonable?
    Thanks for your help
    Fifa

we paid about £800 for the same thing a few years back so seems about right to me, well worth doing imo gave us great pressure throughout the house. If multiple showers are used they’re not as powerful but still more than useable if not better than most hotels I’ve stayed in when just using one shower at the time it’s like a jet wash lol absolutely superb.

Sounds to me like quite a lot, if that's just pipework and labour.

I had a pressurised tank installed for around £750 all in a couple of years ago (mainly because of water pressure and air locks caused by the pump/loft tank).

This also included removal of the tank in the loft.

We did one last week, it depends on what extra work is required, we upgraded the old 1/2” imperial mains, a fair bit of pipework and consumables were used and came in at a bit less than that. I’d say your not a million miles off, depending what extras are needed on top of the cylinder... as long as that’s not plus VAT.

Difficult to say exactly without seeing the complexity of the pipe runs/ boiler compatibility etc. But you're not going to be far away.

Bear in mind though that the performance of an unvented cylinder is directly proportional to the incoming cold main pressure and flow rate. The installer should really check this out before suggesting anything, as an unvented tank on a 12l/min 1.5 bar main is going to prove to be a major disappointment.

If you want 20+ l/min DHW from the tank (and you really should be looking for those sort of figures) and good flow rates at more than 1 outlet simultaneously, then you'll need at least 20+ l/min to start with at 3+bar incoming.