closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Big Birthday - New Watch (Omega?)

Journeyman

Big Birthday - New Watch (Omega?)

A big birthday is soon upon me (just before Xmas) and my better half is suggesting I push the boat out and buy something memorable to celebrate.

I like watches and own a few, though nothing on this level (Steinhart Ocean One, Christopher Ward C7 / C3 / C60 Trident, Orient Mako and several Seiko's)

I wandered into a few shops at the weekend and was taken with the new Seamaster (Blue on Steel) but hadn't realised just how much the prices had risen since I last looked properly.

For me, its a considerable purchase and the 0% does soften the blow, however I'm keen to ensure I don't overpay buying at the wrong place.

To aid, can people advise where I should be looking (OB, AD, Online), what potential discounts I could possibly achieve (0, 5% etc) and what to avoid?
    I'm in the Winchester area, but willing to travel if that really helps - Also willing to wait till after Xmas if that'll make a considerable saving

Really appreciate anyones suggestions or assistance!!

Thanks for reading.

https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/

Had good experiences with the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Can you share the exact model number? 0% deals will cost the retailer money as they are normally outsourced to finance companies, so you'd be better off trying to get a discount. Iconic watches is good as mentioned above.

Has above ,try grey dealers and you could get 20% off and pay on credit card ,and probably get a 0% deal for 12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's 20%-33% off a few here if any use

https://watts1858.co.uk/watches/omega-watches/

Although they say 0% on anything over £300 it doesn't come up as available in the checkout, but maybe worth a call to see if can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelro View Post
    A big birthday is soon upon me (just before Xmas) and my better half is suggesting I push the boat out and buy something memorable to celebrate.

I like watches and own a few, though nothing on this level (Steinhart Ocean One, Christopher Ward C7 / C3 / C60 Trident, Orient Mako and several Seiko's)

I wandered into a few shops at the weekend and was taken with the new Seamaster (Blue on Steel) but hadn't realised just how much the prices had risen since I last looked properly.

For me, its a considerable purchase and the 0% does soften the blow, however I'm keen to ensure I don't overpay buying at the wrong place.

To aid, can people advise where I should be looking (OB, AD, Online), what potential discounts I could possibly achieve (0, 5% etc) and what to avoid?
    I'm in the Winchester area, but willing to travel if that really helps - Also willing to wait till after Xmas if that'll make a considerable saving

Really appreciate anyones suggestions or assistance!!

Thanks for reading.
    If you are after Blue on Steel specifically this is still available at the Forum's favourite Omega Dealer

No affiliation but the service is reported to be good.

https://watts1858.co.uk/watches/omeg...20.03.001.html

Previous poster just beat me to it

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you're happy to drive to Middlesex, I can save you 20% off rrp.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Can you share the exact model number? 0% deals will cost the retailer money as they are normally outsourced to finance companies, so you'd be better off trying to get a discount. Iconic watches is good as mentioned above.
    Thanks

210.30.42.20.03.001 (Blue)
    210.30.42.20.01.001 (Black)

I tried the black one on as they didn't have the blue, its similar to my Steinhart and having looked at the blue am more drawn to that one now

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    There's 20%-33% off a few here if any use

https://watts1858.co.uk/watches/omega-watches/

Although they say 0% on anything over £300 it doesn't come up as available in the checkout, but maybe worth a call to see if can get it.
    Thanks - These don't appear to be official AD, but have seen this site a couple of times on here now, I'll have a look
    Extra risks than buying locally and through larger store?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelro View Post
    These don't appear to be official AD
    They just lost their AD status, hence the clear out.

Totally above board, I got a PO a couple weeks ago and a few others here did too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    If you're happy to drive to Middlesex, I can save you 20% off rrp.
    That’s a generous offer for a cracking watch.

Well worth the drive to Middlesex!

Journeyman
    Where abouts in Middlesex? , the Watts ones have all gone...