closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaguar i-Pace

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Jaguar i-Pace

I test drove one of these yesterday, an odd experience hearing the birds whilst driving with the windows closed! The performance was intoxicating, overtaking opportunities that don't exist in a diesel V70...

Anyone got one? Just wondered what the real-world range is and where you put the spare wheel...

Master
    Haven't got one but parked next to one yesterday. The first SUV I've ever wanted.

Journeyman
    There are some cracking contract hire deals on these at the moment. Sub £400 plus vat on 6+35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have one, brilliant car does everything it should do

Real world range is around 220 miles.

Like most modern cars no spare wheel
    Last edited by adrianw; 8th December 2019 at 20:28.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    We have one, brilliant car does everything it should do

Real world range is around 220 miles.

Like most modern cars no spare wheel
    The one I tried had a space saver in a bag that took up half the boot space, but I understand it also comes with a repair kit.

It was very impressive and 220 miles is better than I was expecting, that's really good (and means I have to stop 10 miles before my mother in law's!)

Also interested in the Polestar 2 now.... Ten grand less for apparently similar performance.

Cheers
    Meaty

We don’t use high regen where you effectively don’t use the brakes, when you lift off it slows down very quickly, we prefer it to feel like a normal automatic, if you use high regen I’m sure you will get to the mother in laws

Master
    I had one for a weekend test drive before ordering my new company car. The performance is very good fun, but would imagine the neck snapping acceleration would get tiresome after a while if you are using this as a family car. Certainly my family got fed up with me testing the 0-60 times 🤢
    The one I had was showing less than 200 miles range, even when 100% charged so a lot less than the official range. The boot space and rear visibility is also very poor.
    In the end I ordered an e-tron, which to me was a much better balance of space vs comfort vs performance for a family car.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    I had one for a weekend test drive before ordering my new company car. The performance is very good fun, but would imagine the neck snapping acceleration would get tiresome after a while if you are using this as a family car. Certainly my family got fed up with me testing the 0-60 times 濫
    The one I had was showing less than 200 miles range, even when 100% charged so a lot less than the official range. The boot space and rear visibility is also very poor.
    In the end I ordered an e-tron, which to me was a much better balance of space vs comfort vs performance for a family car.

isnt the boot space in the i pace marginally bigger than the audi, and performance is similar i thought?

where did the audi win out?

Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    I had one for a weekend test drive before ordering my new company car. The performance is very good fun, but would imagine the neck snapping acceleration would get tiresome after a while if you are using this as a family car. Certainly my family got fed up with me testing the 0-60 times 濫

I have driven both and don't agree with you, neither do any of the comparison reviews I can find, https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-aud...-i-pace/n20037

Perfectly objective review: they both have the same max speed and the e-tron has more torque but only the Jag is ‘seriously rapid’
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Perfectly objective review: they both have the same max speed and the e-tron has more torque but only the Jag is ‘seriously rapid’
    Here is another https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/e...-jaguar-i-pace

I was not doubting you or criticising the result. Etron in French is turd
    I just read the link and found that whilst volume and speed can be objectively measured, a lot of car testing is about impressions, feel, and reviewers often fail to characterise them as such. As was the case in both main body and conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I was not doubting you or criticising the result. Etron in French is turd
    I just read the link and found that whilst volume and speed can be objectively measured, a lot of car testing is about impressions, feel, and reviewers often fail to characterise them as such. As was the case in both main body and conclusion
    :-) The Jag does feel fast, its a bit of an odd feeling, it feel faster than it is, the Etron seems small on the inside and slower, fit and finish on both is excellent, I would say that the Jag is a nicer place to be but the infotainment screen is a bit clunky.

For that size of car, once they are pleasant places to be in, the deciding factor for me would be autonomy and speed of charge. So the Jag would win based on that.

I feel it is too early for my needs but I am grateful they are on the market as they allow people who have different needs to get them, thus making improvements to the product and the charging network more economically viable

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    isnt the boot space in the i pace marginally bigger than the audi, and performance is similar i thought?

where did the audi win out?
    The boot on the ipace is a lot smaller in reality, down to the difference in how they are measured. Apparently on the jag they measure up to the roof, whereas most manufacturers (inc Audi) measure to the windows.

The jag is definitely quicker and a sportier ride, neither or which are high on the priority list for a family car

One down side with the Ipace is parts availability, someone I know is having to wait four months for a replacement part, that really isn't good enough.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I ordered my I-Pace 2 weeks ago, delivery expected at the end of the summer. Excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeat View Post
    I ordered my I-Pace 2 weeks ago, delivery expected at the end of the summer. Excited!!
    Crikey - keep us all posted
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    That review on harry's garage would put me off. The lack of range and what seemed to be limited charging availability