closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Servicing intervals.

Journeyman

Thoughts on Servicing intervals.

I've been interested in watches for quite a while and have decided to take the plunge and get started.

I have started with a Christopher Ward trident pro 600 (I appreciate not everyone is a fan), but for right now this will do for day to day.

I noticed that they recommend service intervals every 3-4 years, Personally I'd have thought 5-7 years would be more realistic. Does 3-4 years seem fairly short service intervals?

I was just wondering how many people actually stick to the recommended manufacturers service intervals?

Cheers

Please search a bit on the forum. A lot can be found.

There are 2 schools of thought: let a watch run until it stops - not recommended, causes a lot of wear, and regular servicing.

Modern oils are much better than the old ones. However, after 5-7 years of regular wear most mechanical watches are in need of service.

3-4 years sounds like a servicing plan that is especially good for the company...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Please search a bit on the forum. A lot can be found.

There are 2 schools of thought: let a watch run until it stops - not recommended, causes a lot of wear, and regular servicing.

Modern oils are much better than the old ones. However, after 5-7 years of regular wear most mechanical watches are in need of service.

3-4 years sounds like a servicing plan that is especially good for the company...
    Thanks for that, I will do. I think it warrants a bit more investigation. It'll also be interesting to get the perspective of others on this point.

Thanks.