timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rolex ADs being told to release warranty cards

Craftsman
    Yes, I'm getting mine back as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Clearly different opinion with selective paraphrasing
    I've said what I have to say, i'd do the same and multi-quote, but you feel a certain way and you're its your perogative.

At least we can agree ultimately, it doesn't matter now.

Eventually everyone will get their bit of plastic, and there'll be a new thing to wave our sticks about. Although at a guess, it's the more and more common place £xxxxk spends for an unknown list position of Rolex/PP/AP, where there is a distinct lack of transparency, and actually dishonest, so i'll get behind that cause when it gains momentum.

Will the Patek AD withhold your warranty card?
    Since you asked.
    Nope, I will receive whatever comes in the box, that i'll never look at again after its shoved into storage. (I actually asked why wasn't isn't the warranty being held, no reason, they just don't hold onto them)
    Just had to agree I wasn't purchasing purely a short terms flip or with the mindset it's a stepping stone to fund something else I'm waiting on in the future.

Master
    Good point endo, the current list/VIP/eoi system with no transparency is both frustrating to customers and open to abuse.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have put my name down at 2 ADs for a Sub no date just to see what happens.

The independent was friendly,chatty,realistic and reviewing handing back cards.
    They also said I did not have to buy anything extra.

the chain treated me like I was going to kidnap their children for having the Temerity of buying a watch off them.
    They where divisive,un helpful and maybe even fed up?
    where did the idea come from that you where a wrong un for wanting to buy a watch,which I though was the whole idea of having a shop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    At least we can agree ultimately, it doesn't matter now.
    Whilst it is good that the practice is finished with, I think that fact that it happened at all should not be forgotten or forgiven. I'd still rather buy from an AD (or grey, of course) that never did this.

Although at a guess, it's the more and more common place £xxxxk spends for an unknown list position of Rolex/PP/AP, where there is a distinct lack of transparency, and actually dishonest
    This is a more nuanced issue to my mind. A lack of transparency is not dishonesty in and of itself and, unlike the warranty card affair, it is not withholding something that is rightly the property of the customer. Certainly, a lack of transparency can be frustrating for the customer/wouldbe customer but so be it -- frustration is not unlawful or dishonest.

If the vendor outright lies and says that the wouldbe buyer is in a certain position on the list when he or she is not, then of course this is dishonest but as long as no money has changed hands on that basis then it's probably only frustrating, not immoral or unlawful. Of course, if money has changed hands on the basis of gaining a position on a list (which turned out not to be true) then this would be a different issue and it might even be legally actionable.

Nope, I will receive whatever comes in the box
    That's good to hear!

Clearly different opinion with selective paraphrasing
    LOL! I quoted and replied to your words accurately and in the context you chose to write them.

Yes, we do have different opinions. But to accuse me of "selective paraphrasing" is dishonest. And the fact that you introduced/invented issues that I had, at no point, commented on was, in and of itself seemingly disingenuous (although I accept that you could have confused me with someone else who might have mentioned those separate subjects).
    Last edited by markrlondon; 18th December 2019 at 07:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I agree in principle but what happens if the AD suddenly loses its AD status? As an example, Fraser Hart have recently lost their Rolex & Omega AD status (at least from my local store). What happens to customers whose cards are held at the point that AD status is withdrawn?
    Just thought I’d provide an update as my Fraser Hart is changing to WOS In a couple of weeks and they’ve contacted me to tell me my warranty card will be sent to Fraser Hart head office who will let me have the card after the 12 month period.

Goldsmith posted me my 126600 warranty card which arrived today, unprompted and unexpected. I bought it just less than 5 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Just thought I’d provide an update as my Fraser Hart is changing to WOS In a couple of weeks and they’ve contacted me to tell me my warranty card will be sent to Fraser Hart head office who will let me have the card after the 12 month period.
    Very accommodating of them lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    W0rrybeads definitely took all the ADs to court himself, won every civil case and each judgement was reported widely. Ask him simply to direct you to one to back the story up, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    W0rrybeads definitely took all the ADs to court himself, won every civil case and each judgement was reported widely. Ask him simply to direct you to one to back the story up, however...

Exactly.

Won't be saying that when it gets lost in the transfer.............
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    My thoughts exactly

Craftsman
    I received all of my warranty cards, including the one for the Hulk I purchased in November/December time from WOS. They no longer withhold they warranty cards, but im not sure about the approach to stickers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    I received all of my warranty cards, including the one for the Hulk I purchased in November/December time from WOS. They no longer withhold they warranty cards, but im not sure about the approach to stickers.
    How did you receive them? By post or in person?

Journeyman
    They are still adamant all stickers are removed, as this is purely just to protect it whilst its in the shop, once payment is cleared all stickers are to be removed.

Load of ****

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    They were posted, recorded delivery, included was the additional 5 year warranty cards from WOS... Just give them a call and ask they be posted...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    They are still adamant all stickers are removed, as this is purely just to protect it whilst its in the shop, once payment is cleared all stickers are to be removed.

Load of ****
    Ah great... Prefer as a buyer to be able to take these off when I want to, rather than be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    My “very accommodating of them lol” was sarcasm....
    They should have immediately returned the cards.

My “very accommodating of them lol” was sarcasm....
    They should have immediately returned the cards.
    I know - mine was real, in that the potential for a card to get lost in a situation like this is not good.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post

Load of ****
    I did get annoyed with that standard response when I got my millie but then thought of another scenario where this did not sound so ridiculous... I got over it.

If I buy a new car, I would expect the dealer to hand keys to me of a car in drive away pristine condition, without the ton of packaging the car would otherwise come in from its shipped state.

Blog Entries
    I was told an interesting story first hand about a certain attractive lady at a certain Rolex AD in London, apparently she is very accommodating to you if you want to skip the queue for stainless watches, bung her £1000 cash and you can get whatever you want, the guy telling the story has had BLRO/Deep Blue/Hulk/Daytona in a couple of month period. He’s not a friend just someone who I randomly met who was wearing one of them and I can see no reason he had to lie about it.

I’ve been told to collect the warranty card whenever I wish.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    I was told an interesting story first hand about a certain attractive lady at a certain Rolex AD in London, apparently she is very accommodating to you if you want to skip the queue for stainless watches, bung her £1000 cash and you can get whatever you want, the guy telling the story has had BLRO/Deep Blue/Hulk/Daytona in a couple of month period. He’s not a friend just someone who I randomly met who was wearing one of them and I can see no reason he had to lie about it.
    I am sure this happens at most ADs.

*Although the criminal may not be an attractive lady!

Craftsman
    If this story is true.
    I think there might be a few London Rolex AD’s looking around at their staff, then checking customer buying records.
    If not. They should be.
    Or risk loosing their franchise.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    If this story is true.
    I think there might be a few London Rolex AD’s looking around at their staff, then checking customer buying records.
    If not. They should be.
    Things like this can’t happen without the entire chain of command being in the loop.

Craftsman
    He paid her a grand then ?

Or a friend of a friend did ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Things like this can’t happen without the entire chain of command being in the loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    If this story is true.
    If not. They should be.
    I think the only way said lady would have been able to do it undetected is if she requested for such pieces using a few of her VIPs (most likely foreign tourists) accounts.

She would wishlist/request it under these VIPs’ names and then when the watches arrive she will sell them to others but log it in the system as sold to VIPs.

Purely speculation of course

Craftsman
    They were posted, recorded delivery, included was the additional 5 year warranty cards from WOS... Just give them a call and ask they be posted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I called one of my AD’s in Newcastle asking them to post my warranty card as it’s a 700 mile round trip but they said I had to come to the shop to collect it in person. What a ball ache !!

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post
    I called one of my AD’s in Newcastle asking them to post my warranty card as it’s a 700 mile round trip but they said I had to come to the shop to collect it in person. What a ball ache !!

Welcome to the forum!

Master
    I called one of my AD’s in Newcastle asking them to post my warranty card as it’s a 700 mile round trip ....
    ”My” AD won’t sell sought after watches to anyone outside the local postcode area!!

Master
    I was told an interesting story first hand about a certain attractive lady at a certain Rolex AD in London, apparently she is very accommodating to you if you want to skip the queue for stainless watches, bung her £1000 cash and you can get whatever you want, the guy telling the story has had BLRO/Deep Blue/Hulk/Daytona in a couple of month period.
    If it’s “only” £1,000, she’s massively underselling her “service”!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    ”My” AD won’t sell sought after watches to anyone outside the local postcode area!!

I remember the good old days back in 2005 , being shown a physical waiting list for a certain Rolex dealer in Newcastle, too see names of folk from round the country, I commented that they were selling watches to people who’d never bought off them before , probably never again , at the expense of regular customers like me who were not only buying but sending customers their way who ended up buying.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    An AD in Cheshire is the same however they were happy to deal with me on a watch as I’d only just moved away after living close by for 16 years (though had never used their services before).

500 mile round trip to pick up watch and again 6 months later for warranty card.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I’m a bit surprised they won’t sent it to you now.

You’re lucky to have had anything from a non local AD

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
    I did get annoyed with that standard response when I got my millie but then thought of another scenario where this did not sound so ridiculous... I got over it.

If I buy a new car, I would expect the dealer to hand keys to me of a car in drive away pristine condition, without the ton of packaging the car would otherwise come in from its shipped state.
    I don't think you can really compare those two scenarios, it's not as if you can just pop the car into its box and leave it till you get home....

Master
    I’m sure this sort of thing did go on but in this climate I just can’t see it, especially as there would be a hierarchy making the decisions. If she’s at the top of the hierarchy then she’s underselling her product!

Rolex ADs being told to release warranty cards

Quote Originally Posted by superthrust View Post
    I don't think you can really compare those two scenarios, it's not as if you can just pop the car into its box and leave it till you get home....
    Not quite. You could get it delivered straight home from the dock with the box and all the packaging if you choose to. E.g. imported vehicle

Each to their own I guess. I get what you are saying. In the end I was just conveying I got over it.
    Last edited by alpharulez; 26th January 2020 at 01:21.

Journeyman
    Good news!!!!