closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Price check: Rolex DJ2 (116334)

Craftsman

Price check: Rolex DJ2 (116334)

Hi all, I've been offered a Rolex DateJust 2, fluted wg bezel on oyster bracelet - if I'm not mistaken it has ref 116334...it's the blue stick marker dial, from [assume 2009], comes with all the links and it's got the box, but no warranty card (though comes with receipt from the jeweller it was bought second hand from). It looks in fair condition, but worn and perhaps even polished previously. No service history, so assume it needs one.

I'm struggling to get a good sense of what a fair private sale value on this should be and would welcome your collective thoughts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Chris_X; 8th December 2019 at 10:32.

Were the DJ 2 even released in 2006?

Google says first released in 2009.

Craftsman
    Oh well that's a bit confusing...I've asked for clarification, but assume for valuation purposes it's a 2009 then

I have a plain bezel DJ2 and I think it's one of the best watches available mine is a 2018 and I paid 4.2k.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Anyone else for a steer on pricing for a fluted bezel early release DJ2 without original warranty card?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    I have this exact watch, but what price has it been offered to you?
    The seller says he wants £5.2k for it...I’m not sure at all what to make of that value...the age, condition and lack of warranty card are skewing my opinion on value - I’m keen to try this watch out, but I need to buy it at a price I know I can the shift it once I’ve had my time with it.

Any comments on pricing welcome

C

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    Obviously I can't comment on the watch you are looking to buy, but I bought mine recently it was £6k in mint condition, came with box and papers and has a 2yr warranty. I guess the questions to ask are do you trust the seller? is the watch genuine? is there any warranty?
    Thanks very much, that does help a bit as a comparable...

Craftsman
    Hello gents, just thought it'd reach out again here for a steer on pricing of this watch - early release blue dial DJ2, with fluted bezel, box but no papers (condition worn and assume needs a Rolex service)...any thoughts?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    Hello gents, just thought it'd reach out again here for a steer on pricing of this watch - early release blue dial DJ2, with fluted bezel, box but no papers (condition worn and assume needs a Rolex service)...any thoughts?
    £4K to £4.5k

Craftsman
    FWIW I was offered a brand spanker on the jubilee bracelet for £6,300 (which is list price) last week. I'd personally baulk at paying over £5k for something out of warranty, needing a service and without papers. What's a DJ service these days? £400? Then you can decide on how much you value wearing something someone else has worn doing....whatever people do when they're wearing "your" watch!

I own the original 1990s version of this exact watch OP, Blue sun burst, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet and batons-it's an unbelievably good looking watch and every time I go in my grey dealer's shop wearing it he offers to buy it. Back then, we need to order it from Switzerland with quite a wait as it was so unusual-it was rare to have a fluted bezel with oyster at the time and even rarer with the batons on blue.

I've no idea if it was made to order but the AD at the time said it was a special order-they tried to convince me a fluted bezel with Oyster was a big mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    £4K to £4.5k
    I’d also be thinking low £4000s.