closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting test on Winter and Summer tyres under the same conditions

Blog Entries

Interesting test on Winter and Summer tyres under the same conditions

Interesting video...

All a bit statement of the obvious, I would be really interested in a test concerning the width of tyres and the break point in the wet,

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, for me it wás a bit surprising that down to o degrees the summer rubber gives best braking in the dry.
    Also was if anything positively surprised by it´s wet braking.

Although here in the mountains night temperatures cán plummet 10 below zero, the average ccccóldest is Januar with 5 dregrees but with less than 20% probablility of wet roads.
    For me the test wiped the thought of winterising rubber and reinforced the already acute awarenes of pussyfooting on chilly mornings and more so on wet chilly mornings.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 6th December 2019 at 13:13.

Master
    I thought that was a good video. Most people haven't got a clue what a "sipe" is.

I thought that it could have covered inflation factors ( and sidewall deformations ) in extreme cold climates.

B

Exactly. Whereas in the UK, with its quasi permanently wet roads in autumn/winter/spring, an all climate makes more sense. It is also an acceptable compromise if you run them all years.
    I am not sure I understood the reason why the crossclimate was chosen ( the CC+ is already 2 years old) and why it was not considered all climate (or why there was another), apart from the fact that he needed an all round performer to serve as benchmark.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Exactly. Whereas in the UK, with its quasi permanently wet roads in autumn/winter/spring, an all climate makes more sense. It is also an acceptable compromise if you run them all years.
    I found the rain factor more surpring than the cold factor. I mean even at freezing poin the summer rubber braked best on dry tarmac and the expanation holds water (pun intended).

Thus in in temperate and warmer climates it is the % of wet road hours in your region which is the crux.
    Only in colder climates the cold gets into it as well.
    In ccccold enough climates, i.e. more northern or land climate, the State decides for you.

Master
    I got bored after a minute, it’s ok having good tyres but if the idiot behinds on his phone he’s going to hit you. My rule of thumb is buy a full set of new tyres every October as you have the full tread over winter and you can abuse them in the summer when it’s dry.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    I got bored after a minute, it’s ok having good tyres but if the idiot behinds on his phone he’s going to hit you. My rule of thumb is buy a full set of new tyres every October as you have the full tread over winter and you can abuse them in the summer when it’s dry.

Says the idiot with part worn all season/winter tyres in summer on his iPhone....

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post

He is only going to hit you if you manage to stop! I take it if you were that bored you didn’t pay attention to the end