closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2019 Breitling range.. avenger 45 specifically... how durable is DLC ?

Master

2019 Breitling range.. avenger 45 specifically... how durable is DLC ?

Not been here for a long time.. you know how it is, the bug bites & youre on here everyday and then you reach a happy state and dont visit for years....

well after being in a happy state for a while, the new avenger 45 DLC's have caught my eye. I've searched for a thread on the new breitling range but cant find one - looking for more info on the new range.. look to be modded ETA movements not the Breitling in house movement?

Looks like not many of these about yet? WoS dont list the 45, just the 44 & 48. Anyone got one?

Have never had a DLC watch, how durable is it? I wear my watches fairly regularly and for all sorts of activities so its bound to get knocked.. dont mind the odd mark but equally dont want it to look wrecked in a year! part of the attraction of a black breitling is I can wear it and it would hopefully be a bit more under the radar than my Deepsea..

Pic... because threads are useless without pics yes??

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Taff; 6th December 2019 at 10:54.

Blog Entries
    Taff
    The modern blacksteel Breitling are pretty difficult to mark, but under the radar watches they are not - simply because of their size. If you are concerned about marking the watch though, and like the Breitling look, have you looked at the Breitlight watches, carbon composite or something (I’m sure someone on here will explain precisely) so actually black material.
    Hope that this is helpful

Master
    Correctly applied DLC is extremely difficult to mark unless its been dropped or scraped along a rough surface like a brick wall.

Master
    Thanks Guys, thats great news on the resilience of DLC

been onto goldsmiths this morning and looks like the 45 is new and no stock yet - they've replaced the batons with numbers over the existing 44/48.

Blog Entries
    Taff. Breitling seem to be moving to on-line retail model. If you go the their website you can order online and have it delivered in one or two days to your door. Got my 806 re-issue that way. Have 14d returns if you return it in unworn condition.

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...V13317101B1X1/

looks like the one you want is available?

All the best.

Master
    Thankyou Martyn. Mega deals at awj too!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'd be very interested to know whether these are traveller's or office GMTs - I suspect that, with their ETA origins, they're office.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I'd be very interested to know whether these are traveller's or office GMTs - I suspect that, with their ETA origins, they're office.
    the Breitling has an independent GMT hand (hour hand not independent). it has ébauche ETA-2893-2
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 9th December 2019 at 08:41.