closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone use Swisswatchspares.com for Omega parts?

Master

Anyone use Swisswatchspares.com for Omega parts?

Not wanting to pay the silly amount for an Omega OEM alligator and deployment I bought the Hirsch Voyager on deployment in a black friday deal (still £150 mind...), but it seemed very clumsy and the clasp broke on about the fifth time I opened it, causing me to drop my Speedy on a table (no damage, luckily)...

But has made me feel I might just bite the bullet at some point. This site seems to stock all sorts of Omega parts, anyone used them? Or similar?

They also stock the adjustable metal clasp which I might be interested in putting that on my speedy bracelet.

Cheers guys.

Hi

I've bought all the parts for my Speedmaster Mitsukoshi mod from there and it's all good.
    John is very knowledgeable and helpful.

You can buy the bracelet and adjustable clasp from the Omega AD and they are same price.
    Please see picture below for the parts you will need for the conversion.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by km9; 5th December 2019 at 21:38.

Master
    Really helpful, thanks!

Does that mean you also put that clasp on a Speedy?

Quote Originally Posted by km9 View Post
    Hi

I've bought all the parts for my Speedmaster Mitsukoshi mod from there and it's all good.
    John is very knowledgeable and helpful.

You can buy the bracelet and adjustable clasp from the Omega AD and they are same price.
    Please see picture below for the parts you will need for the conversion.

I thought he was expensive. He was charging £60 for an AT half-link, which I bought from Omega for £30.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I thought he was expensive. He was charging £60 for an AT half-link, which I bought from Omega for £30.
    Really?

May be he was quoting for 2 half links which you need for this conversion whereas AD wouldn't have a clue and simply pricing for an individual link?

Blog Entries
    Bit more expensive but used him lots of time. Parts are in stock so next day shipping as opposed to weeks through an AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by km9 View Post
    Really?

May be he was quoting for 2 half links which you need for this conversion whereas AD wouldn't have a clue and simply pricing for an individual link?

It was one AT link, nothing to do with a conversion. I only wanted one link. I bought one link from Omega because it was cheaper.

I also noticed he was more expensive for an 1171 bracelet when I was looking. Omega direct was about £150 cheaper.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    +1.....expensive is the word that sprung to mind when I saw this post. Clearly, he can get hold of parts that are difficult to source, but he certainly charges for the service.

Journeyman
    I've use a guy on eBay a few times for genuine omega straps, his username is wirehaired77. The only downside is he is in Hungary so the straps have taken a week or two to arrive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app