closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New bond Omega Seamaster

Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Like, like, like... oh it’s £7.3k. I’m out!
    Looks pretty cool but as said £7.3k is well Sub / GMTC money

Craftsman
    Looks nice on the beige NATO, not so much on the mesh. Too big of a gap between the mesh and the case. Also I have never been a fan of this bond Seamaster because of the miniscule crown.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I like it...I think! It certainly is the second best Bond edition I have seen after the Spectre Seamaster.

But >£7k is a silly price when the standard model are £3k cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    First thing I thought when I saw a picture.
    Isnt illegal to use the broadarrow/pheon/crowsfoot without permission?
    My first thought also, I thought use of the pheon outside of mill issue was pretty strict, I guess this must have been released of late as I was very surprised to see it used here. A bit disappointed also tbh.

Like watch, hate price. I'm out.

Master
    For me, they should have kept the same design on the new bracelet. In Titanium it would have been killer.

With the solid case back, I would not have resisted it.

So not a limited edition then, have even Omega become a little embarrassed at the sheer number of LE releases in the last couple of years.

I guess production will be time limited in some way but this will be one to pick up pre owned for sure, depreciation could be savage.

Omega’s dead to me now.

Commander's watch anyone?

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    It’s like an alternate universe where Rolex never existed and Omega made a 5513. I had a seamaster in the 90’s and didn’t like the hands, the He valve or the rubbish bezel then, and I don’t like them now. Apart from that fantastic! Haven’t looked at the price, is it 3k, 4K, 5k or 6k? No idea how much this kind of special/limited/whatever edition costs nowadays!

Exactly my thoughts, it’s like an offspring of a modern seamaster and a vintage milsub, odd

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice watch but at that price if you went for that over a Sub Date or a pre owned 50 Fathoms you'd need your head tested

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I agree and yet I disagree (if that makes any sense)

It’s Probably just as accurate, looks are a matter of opinion (I’m not a seamaster fan btw) but I wouldn’t say you’re crazy for buying one over a sub if you like it. In fact you could argue it’s a way cooler watch if you weren’t on the brand train. Isn’t it actually cheaper than a sub too?

Master
    Real life pic from @wei_koh_revolution from Revolution magazine on IG

This is going to be one of those watches I won't be able to avoid on IG for the next few months it seems. A bit too much fauxtina for my liking. The ceramic/ti watch is a much better and nicer watch.

Maybe I am getting too old, but to me it looks like a toy. Too much colour and too much definition.

Very nice but the price!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    £7390 on the mesh
    ----!!!

Master
    It’s an interesting thing the lume colour and some people saying they hate the faux vintage. Given the same watch with bright white lume the faux lume just looks nicer to my eye. Forget vintage and just imagine we can have our lume any colour (which we can and doesn’t have to exclusively mean vintage) I’d just rather a browner lume colour than pure white or green.

If I were to produce a watch it’d have a more tan lume just because I like the look but it’d immediately get shot down for being faux vintage even though it’s just what I want to see on my wrist today.

Blog Entries
    Apart from not liking the fake arrow, just realised it's in titanium so thats a double no from me. Can't see the attraction of titanium tbh, it always looks and feels 'cheap' to me, almost like monkey metal.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Did the Titanium Ploprof have a Titanium mesh?

".....somewhat ironically for a watch designed for a covert agent, it is generously marked as armed forces property....."

I don’t get faux lume colour on this model. AFAIK SM 300m did not had tritium dial, why they even bothered to replicate radium colour?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    I don’t get faux lume colour on this model. AFAIK SM 300m did not had tritium dial, why they even bothered to replicate radium colour?
    It's in fashion, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    £7390 on the mesh
    As a Omega fan I have to say it's a crazy price.

Omega wants so much to play in the Rolex league.

Personally, I'd drop all those endless "Special Editions", which cheapen the brand.

The watch itself is quite nice but not 7390 pound nice. Not even close.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice watch but at that price if you went for that over a Sub Date or a pre owned 50 Fathoms you'd need your head tested

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It is very expensive compared to the standard model but you just can’t buy a Submariner these days off the shelf.

I do just wonder if Omega are being somewhat opportunistic regarding the price because of the dearth of Rolex Professional models.

Personally, I don’t like any of the Bond themed watches, cheapens the brand IMO, and would buy the standard model instead.

I think it's a great looking watch. Like many others here, however, I'm not intereted at all as the price is mad. Nevertheless, I would imagine if someone who's not really familiar with watches walk into an Omega AD and sees this, this could have its appeals

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Did the Titanium Ploprof have a Titanium mesh?

Yes.

Some lovely pics of the watch on Instagram. Quite a looker this one.

Journeyman
    I like it... for half the price it will be in 2 years!

A very nice looking watch , but too expensive .

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Forget vintage and just imagine we can have our lume any colour (which we can and doesn’t have to exclusively mean vintage) I’d just rather a browner lume colour than pure white or green.
    This is a good point, and to me it's the only saving grace for the ongoing faux-lume craze. If one considers the choice of lume colour in the content of the overall design and not whether it's meant to replicate decaying lume on an old, knackered watch, then I think it makes sense.

This watch in particular looks great on the beige NATO, thanks largely to the lume colour.

Master
    I got a call today from my local Omega AD I have brought from in the past and said they are getting 4, do I want one. For >7k I politely declined. Nice watch but crazy money for broadly the same watch that is being discounted.

Apprentice
    I think I would rather have the seamaster planet ocean gmt for £6300 I think that is a really good looking watch.that is the one for me 😜

Master
    how would people react to that exact watch if it were a Rolex? And the standard seamaster too. I know I know...Rolex probably wouldn't make it, but if they did, how would you react?

personally, I think the standard seamaster is a great design, and a fabulous movement. This version I like, I like that its a Titanium version, I like that the dial and bezel is different although personally perhaps its not the colour I'd chose were i the designer but I'm happy its different. price wise...I'd love all luxury watches i like to be cheaper clearly! If it were a Rolex I doubt there would be complaints over the pricing. Yes Omega are keen to get back on terms with Rolex, well, they have in many ways...but maybe not in all.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Personally, I'd drop all those endless "Special Editions", which cheapen the brand.
    I've read for years that Special Editions cheapen the brand yet they never seem to get any cheaper. The opposite in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    If any of the Broccolis read this, could I make a request that the next Bond has a 6.5 inch wrist. Thanks.
    Brilliant! Best comment I’ve read on here since I joined. I couldn’t agree more

Size apart and I definitely live with that if someone gave me one, I actually really like this watch. One of the better Bond special editions from what I’ve seen. However, and this is getting very repetitive..... How blooming much?!!!?

Cards on the table, I’m an Omega fan but this is all getting a bit daft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I've read for years that Special Editions cheapen the brand yet they never seem to get any cheaper. The opposite in fact.
    Whilst LEs don’t get any cheaper, I just think the numbers released have a detrimental effect on the prestige of the brand. Maybe its just my perception.

Normally limited edition Bond tie-ins make my palms itch - I just think they’re a bit naff and Walt-ish, and redolent of regional sales managers on corporate “combat training” away-days...

That said, and may the Good Lord in His infinite wisdom and charity have mercy on me for saying so, I quite like this. Christ, I feel soiled for even thinking that. But there we are. I really like Ti watches and I think the mesh, dial and bezel colour and even the faux-vintage lume all work together rather nicely.

I do understand people gasping at the price (which is indeed ludicrous) but when you look at it objectively, all luxury watches are ludicrously priced, so personally I prefer not to go too far down that road lest logic dictates that I only ever wear Vostoks. ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Whilst LEs don’t get any cheaper, I just think the numbers released have a detrimental effect on the prestige of the brand. Maybe its just my perception.
    We’ll all be dead soon, I guess should we really care. There won’t be many more generations that they appeal to.

My feeling is, if they release enough there might be one I like! We seem to be stuck on this whole investment thing but they’re watches first an foremost. The prices will fall soon, vintage market is dropping and hot Rolex sales threads are being bumped rather than snapped up and “I had a WTB for one grrr” posts left.

Blog Entries
    I was called yesterday asking if I wanted one of the boutique/AD allocation at Lakeside. I said I liked the watch head, disliked the Ti bracelet and felt the price was comedy. I am not interested if it’s LE or not, the price is simply away with the fairies.
    That said, I’m sure it’ll sell in bundles simply because buyers can actually go into a shop and buy one - unlike some other popular brands.

Craftsman
    It's a bit gaudy with that voluminous bezel ring, but that's nothing new for Bond. It would be cool to see him wear more stuff like the Aqua Terra from Skyfall in the future.

Well, now we know why Omega had to steal the Broadarrow brand etc. from Eddie.

Overpriced and faux patina. I'm not interested at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    If any of the Broccolis read this, could I make a request that the next Bond has a 6.5 inch wrist. Thanks.
    I was rather hoping the mr robot guy was actually going to be bond...

BUBI 0_0

I have to say I love the look of this thing. I’d probably be very tempted to buy one at around £4k but at this price I feel they are charging a James Bond Tax.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Commander's watch anyone?

The LOO watch was always divisive...

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    I have to say I love the look of this thing. I’d probably be very tempted to buy one at around £4k but at this price I feel they are charging a James Bond Tax.

Interesting point, I guess they must pay the owners of the Bond franchise some kind of royalty fee?

I wonder if Bremont would do me a Johnny English watch (when they've finished with those Ronnie Wood monstrosities)

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Normally limited edition Bond tie-ins make my palms itch - I just think they’re a bit naff and Walt-ish, and redolent of regional sales managers on corporate “combat training” away-days...

That said, and may the Good Lord in His infinite wisdom and charity have mercy on me for saying so, I quite like this. Christ, I feel soiled for even thinking that. But there we are. I really like Ti watches and I think the mesh, dial and bezel colour and even the faux-vintage lume all work together rather nicely.
    I like it too, just don't show anyone the back - as you'll have to explain away the fake military issue numbers - I can picture the scene now:

Them: what are numbers for?

You: The numbers are for Military issue

Them: So it was worn by someone in the army?

You: No they are fake.

Them: OK.... What is the 007 for?

You: For James Bond obviously..

Them: James bond? Like an action man watch?

You: No.. not at all.

Them: How much did it cost?

You: £7400

Them: Do you want to talk about anything?

Last edited by Alansmithee; 8th December 2019 at 11:03.

Craftsman
    At the top of Burlington arcade, opposite the vintage Omega shop there is a shop with a sign ‘007 Cashmere’. I assume there must have been some film where Bond wore a jumper from this shop. I want to know where Bond buys his slippers.

I like Bond but the new Bond watch is basically a movie prop you can buy. Bond is fictionally just like the broad arrow marking on this watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Overpriced and faux patina. I'm not interested at all.
    I would agree with this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I like it too, just don't show anyone the back - as you'll have to explain away the fake military issue numbers - I can picture the scene now:
    [...]
    Oh dear. Why put fake numbers on the back just like MWC used to (still?) do? They could have got a real NSN if they really wanted, juts like Eddie does.