closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Military Watches with Military Weapons

Apprentice

Military Watches with Military Weapons

I've taken a few glam shots of watches with some of my weapons. If this thread peaks any interest I'll post more over the next week in conjunction with my instagram. Currently looking to source a Vietnam Era watch to take a picture of with my XM177E2 replica. If anyone in the US would like to help with that, that would be appreciated though I believe my father has a Vietnam Era Hamilton.

Smiths PRS 29AM with two M1917 Enfields

Original image: https://i.imgur.com/PQIMuhf.jpg
    Original without filter: https://i.imgur.com/lWPwide.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Have you made any equiries across on MWR.

Nice rifles btw.

Very nice
    The M1917/P14 is a very popular rifle with shooters in the UK, on some days you see more of them on the range than SMLEs or No4s.
    I have been thinking of adding one to my collection. (Although a No5 and M1 are higher up the list).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice rifles mate, I don't have any military ones in the cabinet, but using a tikka .308 at the moment for deer culling.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Very nice
    The M1917/P14 is a very popular rifle with shooters in the UK, on some days you see more of them on the range than SMLEs or No4s.
    I have been thinking of adding one to my collection. (Although a No5 and M1 are higher up the list).
    Interesting. I think it's very interesting to observe the shooting cultures of other countries. Being in the US, AR-15s are the most common rifle you'll see, i personally own 2 and a half. I have one setup with a night vision scope for slaying deer, i took a pic of it with a CWC g10 so standby for that.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    Interesting. I think it's very interesting to observe the shooting cultures of other countries. Being in the US, AR-15s are the most common rifle you'll see, i personally own 2 and a half. I have one setup with a night vision scope for slaying deer, i took a pic of it with a CWC g10 so standby for that.

Tottaly illegal over here jared, we have one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset to take a deer, without any NV equipment, I have a Swarovski scope on my rifle with an iluminated reticule so can see up to sunset, but after that it's a definite no no.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Tottaly illegal over here jared, we have one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset to take a deer, without any NV equipment, I have a Swarovski scope on my rifle with an iluminated reticule so can see up to sunset, but after that it's a definite no no.
    Wow those are some pretty harsh hunting laws. In the US we mainly just have laws regarding seasons and we have pretty much a year round open season on Wild Hogs/Feral Pigs here in Texas. I'm not too sure of this, but im pretty sure you wont find strict hunting laws like you've described outside of very small or densely populated states.

Here's my Windham WW-15 20"Government equipped with an AN/PVS-4 Starlight scope, Beretta M9 and CWC G10. Happy family.

full size

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That's some scope

Apprentice
    Oh yeah it is. It basically doubles the weight of the rifle. I kind of want to get a carry handle mount so i can mount it really high up for comedic effect. Stay tuned for more pictures and please feel free to contribute.

That is some scope!

I will take a few pics next time they come out of the safe.

My only photo were I got a issued Remington Ran 1911 with a issued Benrus type II class A diver

Apprentice
    Nice. You were in the navy?
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    My only photo were I got a issued Remington Ran 1911 with a issued Benrus type II class A diver

22 years worth. Did 4 active duty the rest in the reserve retired from the navy in 2002. Got the 1911 due to it was the issued weapon they issued to us when I first went in. Later the sig then my last unit the beretta liked the 45 better than those 9 mm.
    Last edited by River Rat; 4th December 2019 at 05:35.

Military Watches with Military Weapons

A couple from me

KM Alpina with a StG44 (in .22)

ATP with a No4 (L8)

Lastly

Record WWW with the No4 pigsticker

“They don’t like it up ‘em Mr Mainwaring”
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 5th December 2019 at 17:58.

Apprentice
    For a second i thought that was an original STG44! Great pictures, especially love the No4. That's one of my dream rifles, I love Enfields. Finding .303 in the states is a bit of a chore and I'm holding off until I have the infrastructure in place to facilitate reloading.

The No4 L8 is actually 7.62/.308
    It was a post war trials rifle prior to the introduction of the SLR L1A1
    The MOD wanted to see if they could convert .303 to .308. Most were destroyed with a few left in the Met Police arsenal as back up rifles (to this day apparently).
    They are rare but out there.
    It’s my favourite rifle.
    The StG44 is a fun plinker but it weighs a ton for a .22!

P38 Mauser issued date 1943 about mint blueing like it was never used with a Hanhart 417 issued bund chronograph. When I moved to Montana some years ago issued weapons were easy to find at great prices and back then issued watches were easy to find on the net for great prices those days seem gone now. Wished I knew the story of the soldier who brought this back to the states there no import marks that were used after WW2 on imported surplus weapons so a war brought back weapon. My Dad had all kinds of stuff he brought back from WW2 Japanese swords and other stuff all lost in time wish I had a few of those things.
    Last edited by River Rat; 6th December 2019 at 19:22.

That looks to be in fantastic condition (P38)
    The watch is not bad either! :)

Apologies, ancient thread resurrection.

Also, apologies, neither items are miltary in the literal sense. Both are modern pieces based on issued items.

Further apologies for lousy phone picture. Just received kukri, but not sure when I'll have time to get the camera out.

CWC Mellor-72 alongside Tora Blades KTM British Service Issue circa 1970.

These are based on items from the early 1970s, hence new and in good condition.

I am a genuine article from the early 1970s, hence a bit worse for wear.

The kukri provides exceptional value for money. Absolutely super.

The CWC has been discussed extensively elsewhere in this parish. Lovely watch. I will mention that I had to send it back to Silvermans and their customer service was first class. Pretty much anything can go wrong, so I judge companies by the way they deal with returns. Silvermans were exemplary.

I wonder if a Gurkha of the period would have worn a CWC W10 whilst carrying an issued kukri?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I was out making some noise with a brace of Enfield’s this morning wearing this.