closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Film Photography.

Master

Film Photography.

Does anybody on here still shoot and develop their own film?

I do, not in a big way, probably a roll a month. Been doing black and white developing for years , but ventured into colour in the last few years, using the colortec kits. Very easy to use .

Craftsman
    Iíve recently gone back to it having been digital for 15+ years. I found a reasonable Nikon FE on EBay for not a lot and have enjoyed playing with it.

The main reason was that I felt my photography was getting lazy - too easy to shoot loads of images in the hope thereís a diamond amongst the rubbish. It does force you think about each image in terms of composition, exposure etc.

Master
    I shoot mainly black and white and I use various developers, depending on what sort of look Iím aiming for. If I want grainy or ďgritty@ looking photos, I use Tri-X and develop it in Rodinal. For smooth, almost grain free photos, I develop T-Max in T-Max developer.

I have Pentax m42, Canon FD, Nikon manual focus and Olympus OM bodies and lenses.

Film cameras certainly slow you down, as every frame costs you money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot film but I do not develop my own.

I bought a film camera, then another and it kind of went from there. Got both sonís into shooting film.

I think it is the process I enjoy, I do shoot digital but I think it has helped with that too.

Film cameraís are amazing things, I have bought a fair few in the last few years. Itís getting harder to find decent ones and decent prices, but it is fun looking.

Master
    I agree, it is fun hunting for bargains. Iím also very fond of the developing process, especially when I open my developing tank and unwind the developed film.

I usually either scan my negatives, or take digital images of them using my Fuji X-Pro1 with a macro lens fitted to it.

There are phone apps which work quite well too, but only really for larger negatives. Hereís an image taken directly from a 6X6cm negative and ďscannedĒ with my iPhone X. Itís my Dad, aged about 20, sitting reading in my Mumís Isetta. Circa 1960.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk