closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: One for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    That's the reason I went with the top version. Even though you won't see the movement the Glucydur balance and Nivarox hairspring give greater resistance to magnetism and the movement is capable of giving more accurate performance. I've asked for every single mnovement to be regulated on assembly of the watches.

Eddie
    Brilliant that they will be regulated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    This is wonderful news that the movements have arrived and I must say that they are sooooooooooo wonderful looking. Any ideas yet as to when they will be assembled and ready for sale and the price of the Navigator. Thanks Eddie!!
    I think Eddie said October/November over on Facebook.

Blog Entries
    That's the reason I went with the top version. Even though you won't see the movement the Glucydur balance and Nivarox hairspring give greater resistance to magnetism and the movement is capable of giving more accurate performance. I've asked for every single mnovement to be regulated on assembly of the watches.

Eddie
    This will be a real little gem, gone before I can even reach the keyboard I guess.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Not only one for 2020

Eddie
    I own three Smiths watches, the Everest (2018), the Expedition (2019) and the Navigator (2020).

All of them are lovely pieces. Won't ever sell one of these.

But this Navigator seems to be my favourite. Put it on a brown leather strap, set it once, wind it every morning. Done. It will show you the time exactly with no doubt for months after. The caliber SW210 with the top version was the correct solution for that one.

Searching for a daily watch in 2021? Yes, that could be a watch with a hand winding caliber, no radio controlled or solar or even a so called smartwatch. And, if so, look out for this great Smiths Navigator. It's a shame that there are only two videos on YT reviewing the prototypes.

Not only one for 2020.

One for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    I own three Smiths watches, the Everest (2018), the Expedition (2019) and the Navigator (2020).

All of them are lovely pieces. Won't ever sell one of these.

But this Navigator seems to be my favourite. Put it on a brown leather strap, set it once, wind it every morning. Done. It will show you the time exactly with no doubt for months after. The caliber SW210 with the top version was the correct solution for that one.

Searching for a daily watch in 2021? Yes, that could be a watch with a hand winding caliber, no radio controlled or solar or even a so called smartwatch. And, if so, look out for this great Smiths Navigator. It's a shame that there are only two videos on YT reviewing the prototypes.

Not only one for 2020.
    100% agreed. I wasn’t sure about this one originally, but its such a stunning, accurate watch. Just fantastic all round. (And yes, I’m surprised there aren’t more YouTube videos)

Master
    Seems to have flown under the radar a bit, this one. I love mine - it’s been my daily wearer since I got it last year. Crazy accurate too - it’s been pretty much spot on for months!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    Seems to have flown under the radar a bit, this one. I love mine - it’s been my daily wearer since I got it last year. Crazy accurate too - it’s been pretty much spot on for months!

Great photo, and lovely strap too, mind me asking what strap it is?

Also, the crystal looks almost domed in that shot?

Craftsman
    Wrist strap Looks like one of these;

https://af0210strap.com/product/6b-2617-strap/

Master
    The strap - yes it is one of the 6B/2617 remakes from Rob Fraser - it was on Kickstarter.

The crystal - well spotted - it's acrylic. I promised myself I would leave the watch unmolested (it was a birthday present last year ) but I lasted about 4 days before swapping an acrylic crystal in! For me personally the watch doesn't look quite right with anything else - looks great (IMHO). It actually looks slightly more domed in the picture above than it does in the flesh - but it is a domed acrylic.

The strap - yes it is one of the 6B/2617 remakes from Rob Fraser - it was on Kickstarter.

The crystal - well spotted - it's acrylic. I promised myself I would leave the watch unmolested (it was a birthday present last year ) but I lasted about 4 days before swapping an acrylic crystal in! For me personally the watch doesn't look quite right with anything else - looks great (IMHO). It actually looks slightly more domed in the picture above than it does in the flesh - but it is a domed acrylic.

Ah great. Are they still available to order do you know? It certainly suits the watch!

Looks great with the acrylic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Wrist strap Looks like one of these;

https://af0210strap.com/product/6b-2617-strap/
    Lovely looking straps. These had passed me by but think I will be picking one up cheers

Journeyman

Looks great on that strap, too. I got the same one to wear with it as well.

Blog Entries
    It's unbelievably precise, I've worn it for two weeks every day now and it's still spot on!

It's one that is growing on me.

It has 100 m WR doesn't it...albeit push pull crown.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It's one that is growing on me.

It has 100 m WR doesn't it...albeit push pull crown.
    Yes it is 100m W/R. I will add to the previous posts about the accuracy of the movement. I wore it almost exclusively for 2 months and all I did was fully wind it once a day and I would place it either dial up or crown up at night because my watch gains a little dial up and loses a little crown up. After 2 months it was almost second for second with the timing source I used. All I can say is I love this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Yes it is 100m W/R. I will add to the previous posts about the accuracy of the movement. I wore it almost exclusively for 2 months and all I did was fully wind it once a day and I would place it either dial up or crown up at night because my watch gains a little dial up and loses a little crown up. After 2 months it was almost second for second with the timing source I used. All I can say is I love this watch.
    Thanks. Impressive time keeping.

Blog Entries
    The more I see all those über rich sports personalities with their lumps, the more I enjoy this under the radar little affordable marvel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    The more I see all those über rich sports personalities with their lumps, the more I enjoy this under the radar little affordable marvel.
    You are spot on with that, but it feels rich sometimes wearing one with the quality that it has. Never for a second do I regret pulling the trigger on it.

Craftsman
    Could not agree more, the thread where Eddie describes how each movement is regulated before sale is just pure understated class and a complete bargain. My Navigator is getting the Steveo strap treatment this week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Could not agree more, the thread where Eddie describes how each movement is regulated before sale is just pure understated class and a complete bargain. My Navigator is getting the Steveo strap treatment this week.
    Hope you put some pic's up!!!

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, yes, a new strap, makes your Navigator looking different yet again, a green canvas for the summer is on my mind.

Craftsman
    Steveo is indeed making me a Green Para Canvas strap and he is an absolute gent to deal with. I will post a pic when it arrives, currently on a black Eulit Perlon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Steveo is indeed making me a Green Para Canvas strap and he is an absolute gent to deal with. I will post a pic when it arrives, currently on a black Eulit Perlon.
    Yeah, Steveo made a bund for my Newmark 6BB and I’ve placed an order for on Ostrich strap for a vintage Tissot with him - he does great work.

Craftsman
    It's fun seeing a Navigator with a acrylic crystal mod...looks great.

The Navigator is my Timefactors watch of the year too...last year that is.

Craftsman

Steveo straps has come up trumps, super comfy, breathable, extremely water friendly and handmade.
    https://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/para
    I realise that it's all a personal taste thing and one mans grail is another's Louise, for me right now, this is a good match.
    Designed to fray and look lived in.

I'm liking that.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk