closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Happy December - an Omega Question

Journeyman

Happy December - an Omega Question

I purchased myself a Speedy Moonwatch in anticipation for my 30th birthday, it’s my first big watch purchase and I’m ofcourse over the moon. I know engraving is a polarising topic but I do want to get it engraved to mark the occasion, so when I hopefully pass it on to my kin it has a small piece of me with it. Now the issue with the hesalite moonwatch is there is little space for engraving and I’ve been convinced by fellow watch loving friends not to mark the body of the watch. After trolling the internet a throwaway comment I read on an omega forum from years ago, has become the answer. Basically I aim to keep the original caseback unblemished (probably in the box with everything else) as there is allegedly a speedy with the ref code 3594.50 that has more space on the back. Which would allow me to keep the original provenance intact and not compromising anything else about the watch. My question is where would I be able to get the case back in question and how much should I look to pay? Sorry. Lots of rambling but I wanted to give a full picture.

TL;DR I want to swap my Speedmaster caseback so I can engrave it, the ref code for the watch i seek is 3594.50 (unless anyone has any other recommendations)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Have you tried speaking to an Omega AD? I would start there to get an estimate of price/availability and then you can consider 3rd party watch repairs who might have an extra part.

As below or try ebay .

and if all else fails can Cousins supply , you will need someone with a trade account and the specific part number ( google can help )

Master
    That’s presumably the plain medallion caseback from the so called Replica model from the late 1990s. I don’t think you'll get one from cousins, though without a case number I can’t check, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one anywhere outside the authorised network unless you can find one on eBay. One option, which won’t be cheap, is to ask STS to supply and fit that back to the watch. OSC Southampton might also be prepared to do it as some conversion is allowed between models. Neither will just supply the part, they’ll insist on fitting to a supplied watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Have you tried speaking to an Omega AD? I would start there to get an estimate of price/availability and then you can consider 3rd party watch repairs who might have an extra part.
    I haven’t but makes sense to start there. Thank you!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    That’s presumably the plain medallion caseback from the so called Replica model from the late 1990s. I don’t think you'll get one from cousins, though without a case number I can’t check, in fact I don’t think you’ll find one anywhere outside the authorised network unless you can find one on eBay. One option, which won’t be cheap, is to ask STS to supply and fit that back to the watch. OSC Southampton might also be prepared to do it as some conversion is allowed between models. Neither will just supply the part, they’ll insist on fitting to a supplied watch.
    IMG_0711.JPG

I believe it’s this? The broad arrow. Just has that extra space basically. Excuse my ignorance what’s STS? I’m willing to spend within reason.
    Thanks in advance

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    As below or try ebay .

and if all else fails can Cousins supply , you will need someone with a trade account and the specific part number ( google can help )
    Thanks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwokoj View Post
    IMG_0711.JPG

I believe it’s this? The broad arrow. Just has that extra space basically. Excuse my ignorance what’s STS? I’m willing to spend within reason.
    Thanks in advance

That’s not the model usually known as the Broad Arrow, it’s normally known as the Replica Edition. In this context, replica doesn’t mean fake. STS is Swiss Time Services, a UK based Authorised Repair Centre. OSC is Omega Repair Centre, the factory UK repair centre.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/spee...94-50-replica/

Journeyman
    That’s not the model usually known as the Broad Arrow, it’s normally known as the Replica Edition. In this context, replica doesn’t mean fake. STS is Swiss Time Services, a UK based Authorised Repair Centre. OSC is Omega Repair Centre, the factory UK repair centre.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/spee...94-50-replica/
    Really appreciate your help il do some digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    My first port of call here would be Omega UK to see if they could assist/advise.

It is commonly called a Broad Arrow because owners such as myself are hesitant to call it the Replica. Omega released an auto version with sapphire and a date called the Broad Arrow a few years later, hence the confusion. I refer to it as the 3594.50 Broad Arrow or Re-issue. Not technically correct, I know. No photo of the back unfortunately. You could engrave on the back but it would likely look awkward unless you could do it in a circular fashion.

An independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account would be a place to start looking for the case back.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    It is commonly called a Broad Arrow because owners such as myself are hesitant to call it the Replica. Omega released an auto version with sapphire and a date called the Broad Arrow a few years later, hence the confusion. I refer to it as the 3594.50 Broad Arrow or Re-issue. Not technically correct, I know. No photo of the back unfortunately. You could engrave on the back but it would likely look awkward unless you could do it in a circular fashion.

An independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account would be a place to start looking for the case back.

Will do thanks