I purchased myself a Speedy Moonwatch in anticipation for my 30th birthday, it’s my first big watch purchase and I’m ofcourse over the moon. I know engraving is a polarising topic but I do want to get it engraved to mark the occasion, so when I hopefully pass it on to my kin it has a small piece of me with it. Now the issue with the hesalite moonwatch is there is little space for engraving and I’ve been convinced by fellow watch loving friends not to mark the body of the watch. After trolling the internet a throwaway comment I read on an omega forum from years ago, has become the answer. Basically I aim to keep the original caseback unblemished (probably in the box with everything else) as there is allegedly a speedy with the ref code 3594.50 that has more space on the back. Which would allow me to keep the original provenance intact and not compromising anything else about the watch. My question is where would I be able to get the case back in question and how much should I look to pay? Sorry. Lots of rambling but I wanted to give a full picture.

TL;DR I want to swap my Speedmaster caseback so I can engrave it, the ref code for the watch i seek is 3594.50 (unless anyone has any other recommendations)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app