closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just got a Seiko SBDX017

Master

Just got a Seiko SBDX017

Just got a Seiko SBDX017, known to all as the MM300 or Marinemaster 300 - I bought it from the Forum, used but like new, (thanks Marek!) - now that is a very nice watch - it exudes quality and is certainly up with my 16610 - it is just lovely and wears great on a Crafter Blue Strap - CB03....... it is not at all "too big" or "too heavy"

I've not felt this enthusiastic about a watch since I bought my 16610 years ago, it's just beautiful

I'm so impressed that maybe the original SBDX001 could be added soon
    Last edited by BillN; 1st December 2019 at 22:59.

Glad you like it, they grow even more on you as time goes on, some people here have owned a silly amount as it can be a constant sell buy sell buy and on and on! I love my 001 and have so far hung on to it..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Glad you like it, they grow even more on you as time goes on, some people here have owned a silly amount as it can be a constant sell buy sell buy and on and on! I love my 001 and have so far hung on to it..
    Initially it was supposed to be a present for my son who is a keen diver - reading about the watch it was described as "too big" too heavy, - too high off the wrist - so I felt maybe it was too big for me but I don't find it so and I find it as comfortable to wear as my 16610 - OK only had it on for a few hours, but I'm impressed

Great pick up. I am a big fan of this one. Never found it top heavy or too tall or too heavy etc.
    Crafter Blue with the OEM deployabt is the perfect combo.

Last edited by RAJEN; 2nd December 2019 at 10:00.

Fantastic watches! I’ve had quite a few. I love the dial and the case but ultimately I never managed to find a comfortable setup with the bracelet. The stock ratcheting clasp digs into my wrist and I had similar issues with replacement stock Seiko clasps.

I tried numerous rubber straps but these definitely made the watch too top heavy for me. I settled on a nato but then given the height, I felt it was too tall in the end. I had to accept it’s just not for me but I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Great pick up. I am a big fan of this one. Never found it top heavy or too tall or too heavy etc.

What do you think to the "replacement" - the SLA021 and SLA023, especially the "Blue" model?

And now I have one on the way! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    What do you think to the "replacement" - the SLA021 and SLA023, especially the "Blue" model?
    I love the SLA021 and am toying with the idea of adding to SBDX001, 003, 012 and 017 to make a complete set.
    It is almost like a GS MM 300 with the upgrades.
    I am a bit like Henry Ford in terms of dial colors. I am fine with any dial color as long as it is black.

Master
    I love the SLA021 and am toying with the idea of adding to SBDX001, 003, 012 and 017 to make a complete set.
    It is almost like a GS MM 300 with the upgrades.
    I am a bit like Henry Ford in terms of dial colors. I am fine with any dial color as long as it is black.
    I've been looking at prices for the 001 and the new models the 021 and 023

I cannot find any 003's or 012's for sale

The Crafter Blue strap and Seiko clasp is very comfortable ....... but they only do the CB 03 in three colours (not Blue)

There is also a Green LE - but they seem rather expensive versus say an 001

Apprentice
    Has this model got a sapphire glass or it hardlex? I love Seiko's range of dive watches but have always been put off by the lack of sapphire on many of the Prospex models. I don't dive but a dive watch for me means it can put up with a hell of a lot of abuse and my PRS-3 has been wonderful in this regard as well as having imo top shelf looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Kite View Post
    Has this model got a sapphire glass or it hardlex? I love Seiko's range of dive watches but have always been put off by the lack of sapphire on many of the Prospex models. I don't dive but a dive watch for me means it can put up with a hell of a lot of abuse and my PRS-3 has been wonderful in this regard as well as having imo top shelf looks.
    SLA021 has sapphire. There are some SBDX017 with Sapphire but I believe this was only for the German or Austrian market. SLA021 also has a ceramic bezel which is great too.

Received the crafter blue for the mm300 yesterday. Quite a good strap overall if not a little boring. I picked the one where you use the original Seiko clasp.

Will wear for a few weeks and see what I think but so far really good. Only annoyance is I really think they should offer different sizes. The 6 o'clock side is a bit too short (thighs for wrists) so the clasp doesn't sit on the centre of my wrist at all which in turn doesn't make it feel like a £70 piece of rubber. Does come with spring bars though which is quite nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Kite View Post

You could always have a sapphire fitted.

I LOVE the MM300s - I must have had about ten of them over the years. No way on earth are they as comfortable to wear as a Sub, though (not that it matters).

Craftsman

MM300 SBX001

When I got mine I was just blown away about the quality. Beautiful sharatsu polishing with some nice brushed areas on the lugs.Love the dial with the creamy hand applied lume, the brushed areas on the hands (just stunning). It screams quality.I even like the bracelet...Only thing of improvement would be the crown action, since it has some play. A thicker stem would probably solve this. The laquered bezel is awesome and much more resistant to scratches then you would expect. 2 weeks later after buying my MM300 I bought a MM600. Just like the MM300 it screams quality. The crown has no play and is steady and firm. Put this feature in the MM300 and it is perfect. No way I find the MM300 too thick or heavy..You should try the MM600. Now that's a thick watch but still super comfortable as it is made from titanium.

Guillermo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Received the crafter blue for the mm300 yesterday. Quite a good strap overall if not a little boring. I picked the one where you use the original Seiko clasp.

Will wear for a few weeks and see what I think but so far really good. Only annoyance is I really think they should offer different sizes. The 6 o'clock side is a bit too short (thighs for wrists) so the clasp doesn't sit on the centre of my wrist at all which in turn doesn't make it feel like a £70 piece of rubber. Does come with spring bars though which is quite nice.
    That seems to be the only complaint that I have read

Very happy with mine but it is a pity that Crafter Blue only do the CB 03 in three colours, Black, which is OK, bright Orange which must have a limited appeal and a Sh1tty Brown, which is just, well not to my taste ........ they do 8 colours for the other Seiko models

Just have to get another Black one

That seems to be the only complaint that I have read

Very happy with mine but it is a pity that Crafter Blue only do the CB 03 in three colours, Black, which is OK, bright Orange which must have a limited appeal and a Sh1tty Brown, which is just, well not to my taste ........ they do 8 colours for the other Seiko models

Just have to get another Black one
    Do you want another black one? I took the crafter blue off mine last night and will put it on SC later if you're interested.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Do you want another black one? I took the crafter blue off mine last night and will put it on SC later if you're interested.
    sent you a PM

Craftsman
    Looks class. Enjoy

That we agree on!. The Crafter strap on the MM300 was a revelation...absolutely perfect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    When I got mine I was just blown away about the quality. Beautiful sharatsu polishing with some nice brushed areas on the lugs.Love the dial with the creamy hand applied lume, the brushed areas on the hands (just stunning). It screams quality.I even like the bracelet...Only thing of improvement would be the crown action, since it has some play. A thicker stem would probably solve this. The laquered bezel is awesome and much more resistant to scratches then you would expect. 2 weeks later after buying my MM300 I bought a MM600. Just like the MM300 it screams quality. The crown has no play and is steady and firm. Put this feature in the MM300 and it is perfect. No way I find the MM300 too thick or heavy..You should try the MM600. Now that's a thick watch but still super comfortable as it is made from titanium.

Guillermo
    This was it for me as well - I always found the MM300 sat a little high/was a little top-heavy for me, but the MM600 solves all of that with the titanium construction. I get excited every time I put it on.

Master
    SLA025J1 arrived

lovely bit of kit, fine detail and interesting colours and shades - well made and a joy to wear - I even like the Seiko rubber strap

Presentation box more up-market than normal MM's and only comes with a rubber band, no bracelet

I searched and saw that maybe this model wasn't that popular on here, although there must be a few members with this model .... but next to my 5513 it's certainly a star of my collection, maybe because it's a new arrival but for me it's on a par with my 16610 - in a different sort of way and I prefer it to my Explorer 1

A quick shot - watches are so difficult to photograph well, seems impossible to control the light unless you spend lots of time setting up.

Master
    SLA025J1 arrived

lovely bit of kit, fine detail and interesting colours and shades - well made and a joy to wear - I even like the Seiko rubber strap

Presentation box more up-market than normal MM's and only comes with a rubber band, no bracelet

I searched and saw that maybe this model wasn't that popular on here, although there must be a few members with this model .... but next to my 5513 it's certainly a star of my collection, maybe because it's a new arrival but for me it's on a par with my 16610 - in a different sort of way and I prefer it to my Explorer 1

A quick shot - watches are so difficult to photograph well, seems impossible to control the light unless you spend lots of time setting up.

Absolute stunner. If the funds allowed I’d be all over one!

SLA025J1 arrived

It's an amazing watch. I owned one and will have another - IMHO nicer than the SLA017 if you have the wrists to pull it off as the finishing is better and it has a superb faded black colour dial with gilt hardware. Superb watch.

Did you buy that one on ebay in Milton Keynes then?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's an amazing watch. I owned one and will have another - IMHO nicer than the SLA017 if you have the wrists to pull it off as the finishing is better and it has a superb faded black colour dial with gilt hardware. Superb watch.

Did you buy that one on ebay in Milton Keynes then?

Yep I did - a really good guy - the watch and all the bits were mint.......... but I will wear the watch....... very carefully

next looking for a SLA013 or SLA015

Yep I did - a really good guy - the watch and all the bits were mint.......... but I will wear the watch....... very carefully

next looking for a SLA013 or SLA015
    Good stuff. I was hovering over that as the watch looked in great nick and that was a good price as these will appreciate. When I had mine I found it was very hard wearing - I banged it on the wall a few times as it is so tall but not a mark and I think that may be the diashield coating

That SLA025 is beautiful. There was one in the boutique ages ago but I didn't try on as I was scared I'd buy it. Would be interesting to have this and the SLA021 side by side.