closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tracking, am I being paranoid?

Master

Tracking, am I being paranoid?

Have an incoming and the seller has sent tracking number. I obviously have checked and sure enough it's at the original posting depot waiting to be forwarded. Now not all tracking sites are directly connected to the delivery company or so it seems to me. So if I tracked it repeatedly is it possible for someone unscrupulous involved with the tracking to see how many times the parcel has been tracked and if so get it snaffled as it must be important/valuable. As a non techie wonder if this is even possible, or am I paranoid (probably). Apologies if this has been covered but didn't find anything on a quick search.

Chill Winston!

Why worry yet? It wont change anything anyway....

I am sure all is well and it will just show up as planned. If not, that is the time to do something about it.

If you have the tracking number, pop it in the Royal Mail tracker, sometimes it appears and other times it will say this is a Parcelforce parcel. If nothing there try one of those universal search sites like Parcel monitor etc.

I am trying to imagine someone analyzing billions of tracking requests.

I can’t, sorry.

You are being paranoid.

But let's play along, someone noticing you frequently tracking a package in the IT department or a hacker. That still does not mean it is valuable, holidays are coming up perhaps you are anxious to receive that special teddy bear for your daughter. And even if they knew it was valuable (insured to a high amount), that person must then know/work with someone (accomplice) who gets their hand on your package. Imagine how many people are involved in logisics centers and even more in the delivery routes. Chance this persons knows the right one are slim. But let's also imagine that succeeds....package is tracked and the company knows where in the process it went missing ant they will knock on the right door soon.

Blog Entries
    Chill.

When is it due for delivery? Is it RMSD - in which case really don’t worry. Maybe check with the seller how much it is insured for - as it’s their responsibility until it reaches you.

Master
    To all the people out there suffering from paranoia, keep strong and just remember....

you're not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    If I tracked it repeatedly is it possible for someone unscrupulous involved with the tracking to see how many times the parcel has been tracked and if so get it snaffled as it must be important/valuable.

Master
    To clarify, the watch has been sent from the EU. I asked for fully insured shipping which was agreed and received confirmation today of shipping with insurance. No mention of fully insured and a photo was sent of package with printed postage label. It is being delivered by Colissimo and then Parcelforce hence my paranoid thought. The watch in question has cost me in excess of £1.4k. This is not an Ebay transaction and I paid by bt from an established member on another forum. I'm sure all will be good but regret not agreeing a specific courier.
    Last edited by bobc; 6th December 2019 at 20:14. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Have an incoming and the seller has sent tracking number. I obviously have checked and sure enough it's at the original posting depot waiting to be forwarded. Now not all tracking sites are directly connected to the delivery company or so it seems to me. So if I tracked it repeatedly is it possible for someone unscrupulous involved with the tracking to see how many times the parcel has been tracked and if so get it snaffled as it must be important/valuable. As a non techie wonder if this is even possible, or am I paranoid (probably). Apologies if this has been covered but didn't find anything on a quick search.
    Is it fully insured? Won’t worry if it is.