closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek. Love this.

Craftsman

Patek. Love this.

Watch club have just listed a Patek Nautilus perpetual calendar for £165k, that alone makes me laugh but the blurb they have written is even funnier and pretty much sums up the supposed current steel sports frenzy.

“ Crafted in solid 18ct white gold, collectors knew that this Grand Complication Nautilus will always be remembered as an milestone in Patek's history and the frenzy to try and secure one has ensured that Patek have restricted supply to only the most exclusive VIP clients.“

The most exclusive VIP clients who then go and immediately flip for their slice of the greed pie and allow Watch club to eat the rest. Hilarious.

I remember chatting to a manager in Goldsmiths who went to great lengths to explain how special their VIP buyers were. I thought it funny when Haywood amongst others would clearly state in their watch listing that this watch had originally been sold new by Goldsmiths etc.

The VIP buyers are able to do so much business because of all the flipping and instant profit made.

Well, as Patek actually take some action, unlike some. Any former VIP type customer won't be getting an invitation to buy another rarer watch if they have been selling off their watches shortly after buying.
    It's just a matter of time...

Do these ADs and groups really believe their VIP customers have the ability to spend £250k per year every year and all the watches are at home or in the bank in the safe? The VIP customers don't have links and stickers removed or warranty cards held back.

Patek. Love this.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Do these ADs and groups really believe their VIP customers have the ability to spend £250k per year every year and all the watches are at home or in the bank in the safe?...
    Some will be doing exactly that, in fairness.

Not that difficult to get to telephone number money with a focus on complicated Pateks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Some will be doing exactly that, in fairness.
    Some yes, no question. But will even 50% of their customers who spend 250 and up be keeping all the watches? At least a quarter of their VIP customers will be resellers or genuine buyers who flip for the sake of it.

Patek. Love this.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Some yes, no question. But will even 50% of their customers who spend 250 and up be keeping all the watches? At least a quarter of their VIP customers will be resellers or genuine buyers who flip for the sake of it.
    That sounds about right. Flipping can be fun at any price range I suppose, all the more so if you’re making tens of thousands in profit each time...

But as said, I think if you’re caught doing that, you won’t be in Mr Stern’s good books...