closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Perspex for Outdoor Light glazing

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bungay England
    Posts
    273

    Perspex for Outdoor Light glazing

    Higher management has currently identified an outdoor light that meets with her approval. On checking the spec I notice it has perspex glazing. I had assumed for the better quality lights it would come with glass. My only experience with transparent plastics is with polycarbonate glazing for greenhouses and despite the claim of uv stability I have found the panels go milky with time.

    Before I consider splashing the cash can anyone confirm if am would suffer the same issues with perspex and carry on the search for glass glazed lights - I'm a bit loathe to buy a brand new light and then have to glass cut for it

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Is the Perspex clear or translucent?

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ruislip, UK
    Posts
    851
    I'm in the game.
    Post a link and I'll try to give you an opinion.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bungay England
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Is the Perspex clear or translucent?

    R
    Clear

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bungay England
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I'm in the game.
    Post a link and I'll try to give you an opinion.
    Thanks for that it's this one https://www.blackcountrymetalworks.c...nd-bracket.htm

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ruislip, UK
    Posts
    851
    I'm not familiar with that particular one but it looks pretty decent if not a bit pricey. Do they have a show room where you can go and have a look?
    We get our high end stuff from Christopher Wray Lighting.
    I've had a quick look and most manufacturers are using powder coated ali body and poly carbonate glazing now. You would hope for that price that it's made well. If it has a decent warranty and you like it, go for it. If the materials start to fail in 6 months you can send it back.

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Chesham, Bucks
    Posts
    394
    I've used a lot of outdoor lighting products from Elstead Lighting. They have all been glass and not too expensive. I like the York range of lanterns but they have a wide range. Available from many places online.

    https://www.elsteadlighting.com/

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bungay England
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I'm not familiar with that particular one but it looks pretty decent if not a bit pricey. Do they have a show room where you can go and have a look?
    We get our high end stuff from Christopher Wray Lighting.
    I've had a quick look and most manufacturers are using powder coated ali body and poly carbonate glazing now. You would hope for that price that it's made well. If it has a decent warranty and you like it, go for it. If the materials start to fail in 6 months you can send it back.
    Thanks for that. I'll also have a look at Christopher Wray

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bungay England
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I've used a lot of outdoor lighting products from Elstead Lighting. They have all been glass and not too expensive. I like the York range of lanterns but they have a wide range. Available from many places online.

    https://www.elsteadlighting.com/
    Many thanks for the steer

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •