closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Discount on 3 Datejusts

Discount on 3 Datejusts

A family friend of mine wants to buy 3 Rolex datejusts as gifts for a wedding. The total value is around £24k.

Do you think any AD’s around London will be able to offer a discount and if so how much?

The first one he visited (in central London) flat out refused any discount so was wondering of others experience?

I guess the other way to get some value would be to try to get an allocation of a very desirable watch such as a GMT but I guess this is less likely than a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could always check out Watchfinder, unless he specifically wants new.

Wish I had a friend like him

Blog Entries
    Given the wait currently for the GMT and other steel sports models how do you think he'd get an 'allocation'?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    A family friend of mine wants to buy 3 Rolex datejusts as gifts for a wedding. The total value is around £24k.

Do you think any AD’s around London will be able to offer a discount and if so how much?

The first one he visited (in central London) flat out refused any discount so was wondering of others experience?

I guess the other way to get some value would be to try to get an allocation of a very desirable watch such as a GMT but I guess this is less likely than a discount.

I think if it's the WoS group, the chances of discount are low but they might chuck in some gifts (e.g. - Watch pouches, watch winders etc.) Would think he has a better chance at an independent as they might have more discretion? Which datejusts are these? Are they more easily available or DJ41s?

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post

WoS group told me they aren't allowed to discount on anything Rolex, but they can add value by adding a 10 year warranty. I have a meeting with a friendly AD (outside of London) tomorrow afternoon to talk about a couple of pieces I want to buy. Feel free to PM me more about the requirements and I can raise it for you.

Thanks for your replies chaps, I’ll tell him to maybe try some independents else go the route of asking for warranty or goodies.

Unfortunately none of the watches are a gift for me! Gifts fir family of groom that his sis is marrying! They are a SS Dj41, SS dj36, bi metal dj31.

I guessed spending 24k wouldn’t persuade someone to give him a GMT allocation but wanted to ask the forum nonetheless as I have no experience in this regard.

Thanks for the offer thestore I think I’ll take you up!