closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex service North East England

Rolex service North East England

A chance conversation with a colleague yesterday resulted in him bringing this into the office today. He hasn't worn it for a few years as it doesn't run. It was dropped going through airport security and he wasn't sure where to get it fixed, so it's been in a drawer(!) since then.

It looks to be in decent condition for it's age, he said he wore it every day from new until it was damaged.

Can the panel suggest anywhere in the North East (Newcastle) to get it looked at, or would the consensus be the Rolex Service Centre?

Thanks all.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    I would just send it to Rolex Service Centre if it was mine.

They will do a fantastic job, 6 week turnaround at the moment if my recently serviced Sub is anything to go by.

Is cost a concern ? Probably there’s no better option than Rolex themselves, but there will be cheaper options.

Craftsman
    There someone in Old Eldon Sq who does them , wasn’t competitive when I needed mine doing, went to Northern Goldsmiths and they sent it down to Rolex.

Genesis Watchmaking are in Brampton, Cumbria. They are Rolex approved and can’t come more highly recommended by myself and many, many others on here.
    Last edited by Bravo73; 30th November 2019 at 15:35.

£550 for a full service via Rolex, with the watch expected to be returned by end January (just asked the question myself earlier this week).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I picked up my Submariner from Pragnells today 6 weeks after taking it in for service by RSC. Cost was £580.

I don’t mean to divert the thread, but does anyone know how much would be added to the base price of c.£550 by the replacement of dial, hands, and bezel?

Master
    If you get your watch serviced by Rolex via your AD, is the price the same? Subject to price, that's an option and takes away the risk of getting the watch to Rolex Service Centre

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    I don’t mean to divert the thread, but does anyone know how much would be added to the base price of c.£550 by the replacement of dial, hands, and bezel?

Spotted this eBay listing recently. He had a new case at north of £2k (inc VAT)!!

Bezel charged at 172.97 + VAT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Sub...-/333411849786

Confirms service cost (July this year) £550 (inc VAT).

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Spotted this eBay listing recently. He had a new case at north of £2k (inc VAT)!!

Bezel charged at 172.97 + VAT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Sub...-/333411849786

Confirms service cost (July this year) £550 (inc VAT).
    Thank you for that... £3000! Presumably, hopefully, that was almost everything replaced (including bracelet?) other than the movement?