closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Invicta v Rolex?

Master

Invicta v Rolex?

This is worth watching if you want to check the Rolex style on the wrist before spending the thousands on something that has only the same performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCOWOhuLf8
    I'm not biased either way, I have both.
    I will say that after having an Invicta and then getting my first Rolex Sub I found the Invicta bracelet of better quality(until I got a later Rolex).

Comfy chair

Let the show begin.
    Last edited by number2; 28th November 2019 at 08:14.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Friend of mine bought an Invicta in a Black Friday one year, he absolutely loved it for the few months it worked.

Blog Entries
    Just another copy really. Can’t see it’s any better or worse than any of the others.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ​Yawn...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Friend of mine bought an Invicta in a Black Friday one year, he absolutely loved it for the few months it worked.
    They should be better now they are equipped with the Seiko NH35. Iv'e got a couple of watches running these and they have not failed.

Master
    Obviously they are not as good as a £1.5k Rolex. This is probably what a Rolex would cost if you weren't paying for the name.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    ​Yawn...
    Indeed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Just another copy really. Can’t see it’s any better or worse than any of the others.
    There are reasons why some products get copied:

1. Good design.
    2. Popularity.
    3. Inability to supply the market.
    4. Overpriced.
    5. Current trend for retro or antique designs.

There may be more.

Expert Level Trolling

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Expert Level Trolling
    Just a bit of light hearted banter really. No offence intended.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

1. Good design.
    2. Popularity.
    4. Overpriced.

There may be more.
    Yes you’re right. And all are still just copies whatever the reason!
    You missed off
    6. To sell an inferior copy as genuine.

I have no gripe about copies until people try to tell me they are somehow being clever by buying a copy, because the original is no better and overpriced.

I own some watches which are blatantly styled to look like other more expensive watches. I don’t think they would compare quality wise. Beauty isn’t always skin deep!

Master
    Yes you’re right. And all are still just copies whatever the reason!
    You missed off
    6. To sell an inferior copy as genuine.
    That's true. It didn't enter my mind. I am totally against outright fakes. Not only is it illegal, but it's dishonest, and for me thats a total no no.

I have no gripe about copies until people try to tell me they are somehow being clever by buying a copy, because the original is no better and overpriced.
    To brag about being clever is very distasteful.

I own some watches which are blatantly styled to look like other more expensive watches. I don’t think they would compare quality wise. Beauty isn’t always skin deep!
    Agreed. But some may be very close. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    This is worth watching if you want to check the Rolex style on the wrist before spending the thousands on something that has only the same performance.
    OK, so if performance is the criterion, then definitely the Rolex would not be a good choice. It seems to me that the tasks such a watch needs to perform are to tell the time dependably and accurately, to stay on your wrist reliably and comfortably and to go in an ocean or swimming pool while remaining watertight. And certainly there are £100 watches which will do all of the above very capably.

A Rolex watch is jewellery, isn't it? It's a desirable object. The detail, the finishing, the way the movement feels if you wind it, the crisp clunk when the date changes, the way the dial reflects the light etc. I love mine but I don't pretend that it does its main job better than a Casio.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    OK, so if performance is the criterion, then definitely the Rolex would not be a good choice. It seems to me that the tasks such a watch needs to perform are to tell the time dependably and accurately, to stay on your wrist reliably and comfortably and to go in an ocean or swimming pool while remaining watertight. And certainly there are £100 watches which will do all of the above very capably.

A Rolex watch is jewellery, isn't it? It's a desirable object. The detail, the finishing, the way the movement feels if you wind it, the crisp clunk when the date changes, the way the dial reflects the light etc. I love mine but I don't pretend that it does its main job better than a Casio.
    And the fact it has "Rolex" on the dial!!!...

Just a bit of light hearted banter really. No offence intended.
    None taken, it's funny.

Nothing wrong with Invicta :sigh:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Nothing wrong with Invicta :sigh:

That's a little bit blingy, but then there are some extremely blingy Rolices! They are the best at bling!

https://www.rolex.com/watches/pearlm...9rbr-0001.html

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Rolex bling close up is magnificently executed.
    Invicta, im guessing not so much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Rolex bling close up is magnificently executed.
    Invicta, im guessing not so much.
    True, even on the only mildly blingy.....! It's all in the detail.

I know I shouldn't but,,

I imagine that Invicta owners are unlikely to be such WIS as to be as bothered as we are, be thankful-an Invicta is an honest budget watch which takes it's designs from other makers, if they said Rolex on the dial and were being passed off as such I'd be concerned but they don't and I ain't.
    As for quality I couldn't comment other than to say I'd be happier with a Vostok.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Grand Master
    Why do people do posts like this!.

Im now thinking I should sell all my subs and buy a few Invictas now!.

🤔

both tell the time , the main main difference between them being you will probably get back at least what you paid for the rolex, the invitca on the other hand will be worth half a packet of crisps and a couple of worthers originals as soon as you walk out the shop.

Jeez, that bi-colour Invicta would give Brendan's recent acquisition a run for its money...

All I have to say is
    Look how john holbrook III ended up

BUBI 0_0

Master
    Surprisingly the fine detail on the Invicta is as good as the Rolex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I know I shouldn't but,,

.........I couldn't comment other than to say I'd be happier with a Vostok.
    Now you're talking! How about comparing a Vostok to a Rolex. They're pretty robust divers with a bullet proof movement. What more could you want, and all for about a £100 like the Invicta.

Former Invicta owner here... I modded it, then recovered the parts and threw it out. It was dog-egg, it really was. It was a decent enough thing for the 60 quid I paid for it but at the time I was looking at it in isolation, not making a comparison to what a genuinely good watch can be. The bracelet was crap, the clasp was crapper. The bezel was rubbish and the insert was worse. The dial was a circle of plastic and the lume was poor.

Still, they have their following. Juice-heads who like a BIG statement watch seem to love them.

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    Surprisingly the fine detail on the Invicta is as good as the Rolex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Former Invicta owner here... I modded it, then recovered the parts and threw it out. It was dog-egg, it really was. It was a decent enough thing for the 60 quid I paid for it but at the time I was looking at it in isolation, not making a comparison to what a genuinely good watch can be. The bracelet was crap, the clasp was crapper. The bezel was rubbish and the insert was worse. The dial was a circle of plastic and the lume was poor.

Still, they have their following. Juice-heads who like a BIG statement watch seem to love them.
    Seriously, OP... the movements are also sh*te. What point are you actually trying to make?

Now you're talking! How about comparing a Vostok to a Rolex. They're pretty robust divers with a bullet proof movement. What more could you want, and all for about a £100 like the Invicta.
    I dropped my amphibia this morning whilst putting it on, it fell I estimate 3 foot or so onto the tile floor landing face down, picked it up and strapped it on, not a mark on it and hasn’t missed a beat all day, great watch and I’ve worn it coastering, swimming, running, play fighting with my kid etc without anxiety or angst. When it finally stops if it ever does I’ll give it a decent burial and buy another.

And you get the warranty, bit of paper not a posh card though, straight away.
    Last edited by Passenger; 28th November 2019 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Seriously, OP... the movements are also sh*te. What point are you actually trying to make?
    To be fair though, the Seiko NH35 movement, while near the bottom of the pile, is infinitely better than the movement in the much-loved Vostoks.

Full disclosure: my Amphibia is around 30s a day out.

Master
    To be fair though, the Seiko NH35 movement, while near the bottom of the pile, is infinitely better than the movement in the much-loved Vostoks.

The NH35 in the Invicta review linked to in the 1st post was gaining 14 secs in a week. Not bad!

That's fairly debateable. Better? Yes. Infinitely better? Not a chance. I'd say that the Vostok 2416 was a better quality movement than the 7S26 that the NH35 is based on anyway - a subject for anther thread possibly :D

Master
    I bought a beaten up Invicta Pro Diver from gumtree... about 2 yrs ago.
    Clasp had come undone while the owner was cycling so it was a bit munched. Reason I was happy to still pay £50 for a beaten up Invicta though was that it was one of the few models with an SW200 movement, SELs and sapphire crystal (with proper date magnification).
    A bit of dremmel work, new hands/dial and some DIY aging.. it’s now become my regular beater and holiday watch. Keeps good time, good power reserve, has held up well swimming ... and had a few quizzical looks from watch shop assistants 😂

A Rolex it is not though !!

I see those Invictas in cheap stores here in the US all the time.

A Rolex they ain't.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Product description

A luxurious gentleman is easily spotted by his fashion sense and adding this treasure of a timepiece to your collection will ensure that your style exceeds the criterion The Subaqua Invicta is undoubtedly the perfect illustration of a classy watch for many different reasons This is evident from the very start when one takes a look at the dapper multicolor band thats made of a high quality stainless-steel material that is supremely durable It features a 18mmMM stainless steel case that is both indestructible and exquisitely refined Its smooth gold dial adds to the dashing demeanor of this time-keeper and its black contributes to the sophisticated flair of this whole piece This one is a show-stopper one that will effortlessly set you apart from the rest of the crowd in an instant However this luxury watch is not only considered so because of its looks It offers killer functional features to go beyond the norm as well For example not only is it made with quality material but it relies on a swiss chronograph movement ensuring superior precision and accuracy that will keep you on schedule no matter how busy life gets This is a timepiece that can keep up It is also water-resistant to 500 meters 1650 feet 50 atm so a splash will not threaten its functionality In addition it features a sturdy synthetic sapphire crystal that promises to protect the dial of the watch without compromise So not only is this an accessory with a dapper countenance but it is unmatched in performance as well If you are looking for a timepiece that can keep up with your upscale outings and deluxe style it is obvious that there is no need to look further This Subaqua Invicta watch is what you have been looking for

A luxurious gentleman is easily spotted by his fashion sense...
    To be fair, we have a few of those on here

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

Product description

A luxurious gentleman is easily spotted by his fashion sense and adding this treasure of a timepiece to your collection will ensure that your style exceeds the criterion The Subaqua Invicta is undoubtedly the perfect illustration of a classy watch for many different reasons This is evident from the very start when one takes a look at the dapper multicolor band thats made of a high quality stainless-steel material that is supremely durable It features a 18mmMM stainless steel case that is both indestructible and exquisitely refined Its smooth gold dial adds to the dashing demeanor of this time-keeper and its black contributes to the sophisticated flair of this whole piece This one is a show-stopper one that will effortlessly set you apart from the rest of the crowd in an instant However this luxury watch is not only considered so because of its looks It offers killer functional features to go beyond the norm as well For example not only is it made with quality material but it relies on a swiss chronograph movement ensuring superior precision and accuracy that will keep you on schedule no matter how busy life gets This is a timepiece that can keep up It is also water-resistant to 500 meters 1650 feet 50 atm so a splash will not threaten its functionality In addition it features a sturdy synthetic sapphire crystal that promises to protect the dial of the watch without compromise So not only is this an accessory with a dapper countenance but it is unmatched in performance as well If you are looking for a timepiece that can keep up with your upscale outings and deluxe style it is obvious that there is no need to look further This Subaqua Invicta watch is what you have been looking for
    That write-up has made my arse pucker so tightly I don't think I'll be able to go to the toilet until after Christmas.

Craftsman
    Three grand !

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

Product description

Craftsman
    That write-up has made my arse pucker so tightly I don't think I'll be able to go to the toilet until after Christmas.

This might help loosen things up a bit: 53mm of stylish ‘just as good as a Rolex’.....

Utter nonsense.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    This might help loosen things up a bit: 53mm of stylish ‘just as good as a Rolex’.....

Well I bet thats got a few Daytona owners worried about the bubble bursting!

Master
    Did you watch the video?
    As has been mentioned the movement is giving chronometre performance.
    The point is ....... it's an interesting video.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post

What an innovative design! The most imaginative homage to a Daytona so far!

Blog Entries
    What an innovative design! The most imaginative homage to a Daytona so far!
    As someone once said “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
    Obviously applies to other attributes as well!
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 29th November 2019 at 09:40.

Master
    As someone once said “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.
    Obviously applies to other attributes as well!
    Not getting any beauty in my eye! At least its a real Invicta and not a fake. I doubt Rolex will make a homage of it.

Blog Entries
    Not getting any beauty in my eye! ..............
    But I thought you liked it's "...innovative design.."

What an innovative design!........
    -----

..... At least its a real Invicta and not a fake....
    Quite. It's fairly unlikely to be a fake. Which of these reasons do you think would make people want to "fake" an Invicta?

1. Good design.
    2. Popularity.
    4. Overpriced.

There may be more.
    -------
    .......I doubt Rolex will make a homage of it.
    You're probably fairly safe on that one!