closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: French Style Zuludiver

French Style Zuludiver

I thought I might give my opinion on the Zuludiver French style elastic nato watch strap as supplied by Watchgecko. In short, it's bloody awful! I know it's very cheap and I don't know how it compares to Erikas straps but I don't like the design at all. It feels like I'm wearing an old fashioned sock garter on my wrist and unless it is tight then the hook clasp is easily undone. To make the hook more secure requires tightening the elastic strap to the extent that it feels like I'm cutting off the blood supply! It's definitely a thumbs down from me
    It has certainly put me off such a design.
    I'm sure Erika's straps are of superior quality. At least I would hope so at the price, but elastic watch straps are not my cup of tea.
    Apologies for the rant!
    Last edited by Kaffe; 27th November 2019 at 23:38.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I've never liked NATOs, but the elastic WatchGecko/AliExpress (they are identical) straps are the most comfortable that I have worn.

BTW, there was a long thread about these straps very recently -
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?459993

They are fine until you start using a hammer, then your watch goes everywhere, in a distinctly uncomfortable way
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    My experience has been the exact opposite. I've never liked NATOs, but the elastic WatchGecko/AliExpress (they are identical) straps are the most comfortable that I have worn.

BTW, there was a long thread about these straps very recently -
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?459993
    I agree. I was sceptical and after the first wear I was still unconvinced, but after wearing a couple all day I found them really comfortable. Once you pinch the clasp down a bit it's pretty secure, and easily adjusted on the wrist.

At £6 each I can't complain.

Master
    I picked a couple of these up and like em… must admit they take a bit of fine tuning to get the feel just right. Wearing a grey one on my Newmark right now. Also got an elastic nato for my explorer II from the bay and that's much thicker and more heavy duty.

I recently bought 4 at £6 each - and having used a pair of pliers (with material between the jaws to avoid marking the steel) to pinch the clasps down they are fine. I have large wrists and have to stretch them over my knuckles, and even if the clasp comes undone they won’t fall over my hand!
    One thing I don’t like the thought of with a Nato is ‘de-gloving’ - don’t google it! - whereas these stretchy versions would avoid that. I’m on the fence about these tbh. They do seem a bit cheap looking, but then again does any nylon Nato look expensive? They all look like something from Millets camping shop imho! - I intend to fit one to my new Seiko Arnie over the weekend as I find the stock rubber a bit chunky for daily wear, I’ll report back !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk