closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Purchasing pre-owned from Watchfinder

Apprentice

Purchasing pre-owned from Watchfinder

Hello!
    I’m new here, and have a general question around purchasing pre owned and being satisfied with the authenticity,

I recently purchased a Cartier from Watchfinder. It came with box and original warranty booklet stamped by original dealer (serial number written), plus some Cartier service history on Carter header paper.

I’m probably being paranoid but would this be a reasonable level of paperwork to expect with a pre-owned watch?

My understanding is Watchfinder check everything in terms of authenticity too

Cheers

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchnewbie88 View Post
    Hello!
    I’m new here, and have a general question around purchasing pre owned and being satisfied with the authenticity,

I recently purchased a Cartier from Watchfinder. It came with box and original warranty booklet stamped by original dealer (serial number written), plus some Cartier service history on Carter header paper.

I’m probably being paranoid but would this be a reasonable level of paperwork to expect with a pre-owned watch?

Cheers

I would have asked these questions before parting with my cash , bit late now don’t you think?

Service history is probably more than I would generally expect, in all but the best kept paperwork watches.

Watchfinder are known for keeping links etc. on watches with a bracelet.
    It's just a matter of time...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I would have asked these questions before parting with my cash , bit late now don’t you think?
    Well, was just asking for other views. Watchfinder have certified it for authenticity. But thanks anyway.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    New member asks a genuine question and you post up a sarcastic comment maybe your upset that he didn’t buy it from watchtrader?

“Hang your head in shame man”

OP it looks as though you’ve got the correct paperwork, enjoy your new purchase.
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 27th November 2019 at 23:59.

Blog Entries
    Have you asked watchfinder? All seems ok - but as said they tend to remove and sell any spare links and sometimes boxes etc - but their reputation would be in tatters if they stated selling fakes. What they have provided seems good. In my experience I have bought from them with a lot less!

Welcome to the forum and do stick around and join in the fun if you like.

Martyn.

Blog Entries
    Hello!

Cheers
    Watchfinder would be toast if they were to be selling fakes, so I think you will be pretty safe. Ignore the odd silly comment, most here will be only too ready to give advice and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I believe Watchfinder turned over £60 Million in sales last year. They must be doing something right. If they have supplied you with a load of paperwork for the new watch, this is great news and consider it a good purchase!

Good luck with your new watch and welcome to the forum.

Speedie.
    Dublin
    Ireland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have purchased three watches from Watchfinder, the last one was a two year old IWC Portugieser last week, it came with all papers and box and everything in order. There were a few I looked at on the site that had no box or papers, I don’t know weather I would have felt comfortable with one of those, but I cannot see them selling a fake as their declaration of authenticity is always a come back for the customer.

Master
    Watchfinder are many things, very expensive being one but most will agree they are on the level with everything they sell. I’ve had many watches off them in the past and it’s always been hassle free, even with no box and papers. Don’t like the practice of selling on links though.

Sounds like your purchase is probably the ‘full set’, rest easy and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    New member asks a genuine question and you post up a sarcastic comment maybe your upset that he didn’t buy it from watchtrader?

“Hang your head in shame man”

OP it looks as though you’ve got the correct paperwork, enjoy your new purchase.

No sarcasm intended at all , I’m just astounded at this sort of question is asked after buying something of value , not for the first time either .

Can you explain the reference to Watchtrader as you’ve completely lost me with that comment .

Craftsman
    Hello!

Cheers
    I,ve bought a few from Watchfnder in the past all with Box and Papers without any problems.

Yours sounds fine but if you have a lingering doubt then take it to a Cartier dealer for them to look at.

Ive bought a few watches from Watchfinders..Never had a problem with them (apart from me asking them for the links they had taken off the watches!)...

Sounds like youve got all you need ,service history cards etc from them.

Master
    You’ll have nothing to worry about. All I would expect is box and warranty card really. Watchfinder are safe.

Ignore the silly people.

Craftsman
    As others have mentioned, wouldn't worry about whether it's genuine but rather whether it's complete. One thing I do advise checking when purchasing some watches is if they were polished - I think WF polishes all their watches so for e.g. Rolex sport models, the bezels/lugs might lose a bit of sharpness.

I have bought 6 or 7 watches from watchfinder and I never had any issues at all and I believe they do check the authenticity - They are a trusted trader and I wouldn't worry - just enjoy your new purchase!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I cannot see them selling a fake as their declaration of authenticity is always a come back for the customer.
    It is meaningless, except as a comfort to the naive.

As a retailer they are already legally obliged to sell things that are as described.

Other posters have written as if Watchfinder don't make mistakes. They do.

A few years ago a soccer player of some repute among the masses brought a gold Rolex Day-Date to me for checking. Not a service I offer, but the President bracelet was so obviously fake that I had to point it out. It transpired that he had bought it from Watchfinder. I spoke with their chief buyer, who knew not to disagree with me but expressed amazement. "Why would anyone fake just the bracelet?" he asked.

More recently there have been one or two diamond dials that were not original Rolex work, apparently without disclosure.

Not saying they're a problem. They get it right most of the time (these are very few cases among thousands) and I'm sure the intention is to get only better.

Craftsman
    Duplicate
    Last edited by redkite; 28th November 2019 at 13:16. Reason: Duplicate

Journeyman
    Watchfinder have a 14 day no quibble return policy don’t they. So buy, get it checked and if not satisfied, arrange to return it with them.