closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any recommendations for a custom made watch strap?

Any recommendations for a custom made watch strap?

So I've recently purchased a 7A38-7020 (from SC, no less) and I'm smitten. However its got non-standard lugs where the bracelet is connected at the centre link. Overall the strap width at the watch is 20mm, but the connecting link is 10mm.

Is there any place I can get a leather strap made to this spec? I've been considering getting a rubber one and cutting it myself, but if it can be done right I'd rather take that route.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Steveostraps
    Martu leather
    Toshi

Craftsman
    Toshi.

I would pop Pav a message on here. He seems very well regarded. I've just ordered a strap from him and it should be here in about week.

https://instagram.com/neptunestraps?...=1umm10fy0nm0f

Master
    Have a look at this thread also - can't recommend this guy highly enough!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=pynchon63

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    So I've recently purchased a 7A38-7020 (from SC, no less) and I'm smitten. However its got non-standard lugs where the bracelet is connected at the centre link. Overall the strap width at the watch is 20mm, but the connecting link is 10mm.
    When the watch you've bought comes with a perfectly serviceable original stainless bracelet, why ever would you want to fit a drastically notched leather strap, which at best will have a tenuous 10mm attachment area ?

You're going to end up with something like this: https://www.ebay.it/itm/Seiko-7a38-7...-/352848652170

Not wishing to pour too much cold water on your idea, but if you insist on replacing the bracelet with a leather strap, a better way of going about it might be to source some 10mm to 20mm / 22mm stainless strap adaptors. Something like these, perhaps:

Craftsman
    I’ve just ordered a custom strap from Martu for my Oris Aquis which has a similar lug style. This is my first and I’ve not received it yet, so caveat emptor.

However, they are rated highly and very reasonably priced. Also at present there’s a 30% Black Friday discount which makes them ridiculously cheap. The only downside potentially is that she’s a one person operation and it has to be delivered from Chile...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    I’ve just ordered a custom strap from Martu for my Oris Aquis which has a similar lug style. This is my first and I’ve not received it yet, so caveat emptor.

However, they are rated highly and very reasonably priced. Also at present there’s a 30% Black Friday discount which makes them ridiculously cheap. The only downside potentially is that she’s a one person operation and it has to be delivered from Chile...
    Andrea at Martu makes some excellent straps, just ordered another in the sale. Postage takes an age because Correos de Chile, the postal service there are so slow. But they're well worth the wait.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    Not wishing to pour too much cold water on your idea, but if you insist on replacing the bracelet with a leather strap, a better way of going about it might be to source some 10mm to 20mm / 22mm stainless strap adaptors. Something like these, perhaps:

I'm open minded, these seem like an excellent idea.

Thanks all for the fantastic suggestions. Going to need to spend some time going through these and making some calls.

I love Toshi, but the last time I checked he didn't make anything that wasn't a standard, parallel strap. Anything notched is out of the question.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post

I’ve found it’s about three week delivery.