closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Log Cabin question.

Master

Another Log Cabin question.

I’m toying with the idea of knocking down my old leaky garage and building a log cabin there instead. Looking on line there seems to be a big difference in price between something that is say 45mm and one that is fully insulated. I’m talking thousands of pounds difference.
    It’s not something that would be used everyday so I’m wondering if a 45mm cabin with a log burner installed would make it warm enough should we want to use it during the winter.
    I quite like the idea of a Tuin Berlin cabin which is about 5K. I absolutely cannot afford the bespoke cabins a lot of members on here have had built, so I’m hoping that this is a workable compromise.
    Has anyone on here gone down this route

Master
    I got mine from Costco two years ago £4,5k installed and for the same can it was £7k elsewhere and ive been very happy with it, its 44mm and kitted out as a home office/ man cave.

Heating wise I have a Dyson hot and cold fan and set it at 16c at all times and the when im going up there I just turn it up accordingly and its been fine.

this is the one I have, I laid the concrete base and they fitted it in 2 days

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Shed...-42-m/p/237946
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 28th November 2019 at 11:36.

45mm perfectly fine here in NE Scotland, electric radiator will take it to 30C without any trouble!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I got mine from Costco two years ago £4,5k installed and for the same can it was £7k elsewhere and ive been very happy with it, its 44mm and kitted out as a home office/ man cave.

Heating wise I have a Dyson hot ad cold fan and see it at 16c at all times and the when im boring uo there I just turn it up accordingly and its been fine.

this is the one I have, I laid the concrete base and they fitted it in 2 days

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Shed...-42-m/p/237946
    That looks a good price considering it’s installed as well but unfortunately it’s the wrong shape. I’d need something 3.5 meters wide by 5.5 meters long.
    Basically, knock down the garage and build the log cabin on its base.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've had log cabins in my last two homes.
    First was FinnForest. Very impressed with the quality, still looks as good now as when it went up over 10 years ago. It was the thinnest thickness (25mm?).

My new one is from Garden Buildings Direct. Same thickness as I was happy with the last one. Utter crap if I'm honest. The door is an awful fit, there's gaps where the roof beams go through the walls and it just feels flimsy. Serves a purpose as a summer play room and it was cheap at around £2.5K from memory but when we redo the garden in a few years, I'll replace it with a FinnForest again I think.

Journeyman
    I built a Dunster House 3x3 cabin a few weeks back to use as an office. Spec 45mm Norwegian spruce walls, insulated suspended floor and insulated roof with shingle tiles and double glazing. All in cost about £4300 before electrics installed.

I’ve got a small oil filled radiator with a smart plug and I’ve been using it from 6am in pretty awful weather. If anything it gets too hot and I haven’t yet installed blinds or really finished the internal surfaces. It really is brilliant.

Dunster House told me not to bother with a fully insulated one with something this size as it just isn’t worth the extra spend. Imagine you may find the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    That looks a good price considering it’s installed as well but unfortunately it’s the wrong shape. I’d need something 3.5 meters wide by 5.5 meters long.
    Basically, knock down the garage and build the log cabin on its base.
    They have a massive range take a look

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Shed...ns/c/cos_9.3.4