closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is too much for a GS?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    It seems as if production values are in decline at Hodinkee; imagine letting the model onto two photoshoots missing a cuff button...
    I think that in the world of the hipster and artisan coffee, having one of your suit cuff buttons undone is de rigueur.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Lookit this scrub not realising that undoing one button is a sure indication that the buttons are functional, rather than decorative, such as one might find on a plebian's off the rack two-piece.
    Surely, if you need to impress people there are more reliable options in the arsenal*...

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I think that in the world of the hipster and artisan coffee, having one of your suit cuff buttons undone is de rigueur.
    And that you're part of the problem...

* and I don't mean sipping red wine out of a cocktail glass.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Guilty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

* and I don't mean sipping red wine out of a cocktail glass.
    I'll admit I noticed the glass first! But are those tailor's pins I can see? Never mind the label on the cuff!

Surely, if you need to impress people there are more reliable options in the arsenal*...

That's a real 'farting in a crowded lift' situation: it's wrong on so many levels.

How much is too much for a GS?

I’m Mr. ready-to-wear to be honest but I’m hoping for a return to the ‘80s when I used to wear my jacket sleeves rolled up like Don Johnson.

The GSs are beautifully finished by the way.

How much is too much for a GS? Well, as already alluded to, that's very much down to personal circumstances. I doubt Mark Zuckerberg would lose much sleep over paying 20K for a GS, whereas I most certainly would.

The RG jobbie is hideous to my eyes, so personally I wouldn't pay 100 quid for it (assuming I couldn't immediately resell it!), however well made and accurate it is, in fact I much prefer the styling of my 1966 Seiko Skyliner that I bought off here this week. On the other hand, that
    SBGY003 is simply gorgeous, would be more than happy looking down at that on my wrist each day.

Faux surgeons’ cuffs are now a thing, unfortunately.