closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calling forum machinists

Master

Calling forum machinists

Would anyone be interested in turning me a couple of the following:

A 10-32 UNF male thread 1/2" long, followed by a standard* UNF conical countersink section (increase from thread size to 3/8" in about 1/10", we can refine this later) and then a hex (happy for this to be metric stock say 10mm) section about 10mm long. This hex section would then be drilled and tapped, again fine if this is metric and I'd suggest M4 or M5 but happy to take advice on this. Stainless preferred but mild steel is fine, brass possibly ok too if you think the 10-32 thread would be strong enough.

*A quick google would suggest this is 82 degrees.

I have a 10-32 die so the male threaded section could just be turned down to size and left bare for me to thread if you've not got one.

The purpose of this item is allow me to replace one of the windscreen stanchion securing screws on my AH Sprite with something that I can attach a bracket for a mirror to whilst still fully clamping the alloy stanchion to the screen frame. (It''s a rather feeble system that they wisely improved on the later cars).

I'd of course be happy to send some beer tokens back or make a fundraiser donation.
    Last edited by Jeremy67; 24th November 2019 at 23:17.

If you don't have any luck PM me as i know as shop that would be able to make this for you.

Journeyman
    Unfortunately I couldn't do this work for beer tokens, however I'd do my best to sharpen the pencil if it means helping a fellow TZ member out.

Feel free to send over a sketch if you're not already sorted and I'll have a look.

sales@tallot.co.uk
    www.tallot.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Perhaps a picture of the original, and a sketch of the imagined piece would help. Also might garner other solutions, who knows?

A quick google throws up 10-32 screws suitable which could perhaps be utilised to fabricate said piece without the need to machine the whole thing in one.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 26th November 2019 at 19:17.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.