closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gaming mouse

Master

Gaming mouse

The lad has requested a new mouse for Christmas which will be used for everything but especially gaming.
    Haven't a clue what to look for as I just buy a cheapy one when needed.
    So looking for recommendations.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

My lad keeps going on about wanting ‘Alienware’ kit, whatever that is.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Razer all the way. There's about eleventy different types to choose from so I'd recommend keeping an eye on hotukdeals.com and buying whatever is cheap right now.

This one is half price at Amazon: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/raz...amazon-3338611

Our bedroom dweller has Razer and raves about it during the brief periods of interaction.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

He needs to tell you what mouse grip style he has - this will hugely influence the form of the mouse he will want. Once you've established that, check what sort of games he's into as you get dedicated mouse types for different genres.

Hold fire until you know the above at the very least. It's easy to spend a lot on something that will not get used anywhere near its full potential.

I really like my Logitech G903 mouse. It has weights and can be used wired or wireless with a very low latency.

Master
    At the moment he has a cheap mouse from Tesco, games he plays all sorts from shoot em ups through to stuff like Minecraft and all sorts in between apart from racing games.

Gotcha. Budget? And does he want wired or wireless?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Razer all the way. There's about eleventy different types to choose from so I'd recommend keeping an eye on hotukdeals.com and buying whatever is cheap right now.

This one is half price at Amazon: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/raz...amazon-3338611

That's the mouse I have. It's a good size (mice seem to be getting smaller and smaller), comfortable, and has nice positive clicks to the switches.

Master
    Budget up to £150 I guess under £100 would be preferable.
    He is slightly paranoid about batteries running low so wired would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Budget up to £150 I guess under £100 would be preferable.
    He is slightly paranoid about batteries running low so wired would be preferable.

The G903 is good because it is rechargeable. When it needs charging you connect it to the PC and it can be used as a wired mouse. I suspect most wireless gaming mice work the same way.

You can also get wireless mice that continuously charge through a special mouse mat.

Using all steelseries equipment here. If he's into FPS games etc, make sure its an optical sensor rather than laser.