closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone 11 Pro Max

Blog Entries

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Gentlemen/Ladies, I have decided that my iPhone 6 Plus having served me well for 5 years needs to be retired. I am about to buy the iPhone 11 Pro Max new from Apple and would be very interested in hearing from current owners, just opinions and satisfaction levels mainly.

Thanks in advance for any comments/opinions.

If you're on a 6 Plus I'd say skip the Pro and just get the 11.

The 11 max pro is significantly heavier than a 6s. I’m think Im going for a 7 Plus from a 7. My wife has the iPhone XR and I found it a bit meh.

I’ve got the 11 pro max, I wondered if it would be too big, but it’s not, it too, half a day to get used to it, and now I love it, the camera is amazing. Just make sure you don’t get the base model, not enough storage on that one.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the comments so far, I am planning on getting the 256GB which will suit my usage/storage nicely. Weight is not any issue as I have a fairly weighty charging/protector case on my 6 plus.

Is 256GB enough? I ask because I have 6,000+ pics plus 800 songs and 270 apps on my current 128GB iPhone 6 Plus and still have 68GB unused. On the face of it I should have plenty with the 256GB on my new phone but the grey area is I do not know the file sizes of pics on the 11 Pro.
    Last edited by KavKav; 24th November 2019 at 15:28.

Very unlikely that all of your photos are on your device locally. Most iPhones have photo optimisation turned on meaning only the thumbnails are stored locally to save space and when you click on to see the photo there's a minor delay while it gets the rest of the photo from iCloud quickly. Some photos are stored locally (recently viewed/taken) but as time goes by the local photo is replaced with a thumbnail only once the original is safely on iCloud.

Same with most Android phones using Google photos.

I went for the 256gb one and I don't think I'll ever wish I'd got the bigger one. Battery life is very very impressive, that's one thing I forgot to mention in my first post.

I picked mine up on Friday, 256gb and store everything on iCloud will serve you plenty . Battery life in incredible. I would charge my iPhone 7 at least twice a day. This one lasts 2 days on a single charge with my current use.

Craftsman
    I have just gone from a 6s+ to 11 pro max 256g.

Brilliant... right size and weight for my fat hands... screen is good for my old eyes too. 2 days battery life... great...

regards

V

Is the difference in screen quality display really evident between the 11 Pro Max and your old 6S Plus? Just asking as I have a 6S Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex View Post
    I have just gone from a 6s+ to 11 pro max 256g.

Brilliant... right size and weight for my fat hands... screen is good for my old eyes too. 2 days battery life... great...

regards

V

Blog Entries
    Having a rethink this morning boys, I am sure the 11 Pro Max is a damn fine phone but I am developing an increasingly big resistance to forking out £1,299 for one. I can afford it but do I want to pay that much for it? I am thinking no, it is just too expensive, particularly as there is a 256GB X on SC for just £375, not that I am after a X but it gives a certain price/value perspective.

Many thanks and appreciation to all those who made the effort to comment.
    Last edited by KavKav; 25th November 2019 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Is the difference in screen quality display really evident between the 11 Pro Max and your old 6S Plus? Just asking as I have a 6S Plus.
    I’ve been in John Lewis where they have the 11, 11 pro,XR and iPhone 8 Plus. There is very little between any of them for my eyes. I suspect the camera and battery will be significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Having a rethink this morning boys, I am sure the 11 Pro Max is a damn fine phone but I am developing an increasingly big resistance to forking out £1,299 for one. I can afford it but do I want to pay that much for it? I am thinking no, it is just too expensive, particularly as there is a 256GB X on SC for just £375, not that I am after a X but it gives a certain price/value perspective.

Buy the X on SC.

Thanks - I'll keep the 6S Plus till next year as it's been really good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I’ve been in John Lewis where they have the 11, 11 pro,XR and iPhone 8 Plus. There is very little between any of them for my eyes. I suspect the camera and battery will be significantly better.

Craftsman
    I'm also interested in this topic. Currently have the 6S+ (previously used the 4S and 5S, which I now consider too small).
    I always use OtterBox Defender cases carried in a belt holster so the larger size is not an issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Buy the X on SC.
    I admit I did think about it but the (honestly admitted by seller) screen scratches put me off. It went for a very keen price and there was ‘value’ there. OK, it did not come with charger or earphones but so what? Most of us have plenty of those. I am sure the buyer will be happy.
    Last edited by KavKav; 25th November 2019 at 15:20.

I’ve just upgraded from the X, there’s no comparison, the difference is night and day.

It's a bad time to buy any new iPhone. Wait until next year when the 5g models come out.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's a bad time to buy any new iPhone. Wait until next year when the 5g models come out.
    Fair point! Even the latest iPhones are only 4g.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I went from 6s to 11, very happy with it. I was happy to spend £780 for the amount that I use it and how long I expect it to last.

Will I miss not having 5g for the 4-5 years I expect to have the 11? I doubt it.

I can’t see me moving from my humble X anytime soon... perfect size, great screen, fantastic build quality, modern features (face id)... i think they are still a extremely good choice and value thanks to the newer models.

5g will be the only thing that moves me on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Depends what you pay and if going brand new Vs SC.
    Fair point! Even the latest iPhones are only 4g.
    Don't forge they also only have 60hz screens. Rumoured to be changed to 120hz next Sept (most new phones now come with 90hz).

Craftsman
    Thinking about getting an 11 in black Friday sale.

Is there much difference in the pro? Seems to have extra lens to zoom better but I wouldn't use that so thinking the 11 will probably do me.

I'm due an upgrade this week and I have been offered an 11 Pro 256mb.

To be honest, I'm quite happy with the device I already have, so i am thinking of just moving it on.

It will be locked to Vodafone, but can I move it on to a potential buyer straight away?

I hear rumours that these are now number locked for 6 months.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

It’s going to be a long long time before 5G is worth considering, I think when I next upgrade in 2 years time, it’ll be worth having. Probably not much before.

Master
    Im waiting for any 11 deals this Friday. Im moving from an Iphone SE so everything will be better.

Blog Entries
    What is it with bloody iPhones? I decided that I was not going to buy the 11 Pro Max as Apple could ‘FRO’ in spades with their astronomical pricing.
    I am struggling with a very annoying voice in my head saying stop your moaning and just buy the *ucker!

Going from a 6+ to an 11 Pro is more money than sense. An Xr, X or XS would be a huge leap forward for you, especially an 11. 11 Pro is the overkill or overkill for you imo. Watch the reviews on MKBHD, unboxtherapy and Dave2D and you'll soon make up your mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Going from a 6+ to an 11 Pro is more money than sense. An Xr, X or XS would be a huge leap forward for you, especially an 11. 11 Pro is the overkill or overkill for you imo. Watch the reviews on MKBHD, unboxtherapy and Dave2D and you'll soon make up your mind.
    Good and valid comments and further food for thought, thank you!

For me it's not the issue of buying the 11 Pro Max, it's justifying paying such a lot of money for it while taking other things into consideration such as will I be taking advantage of its new features. It has far improved battery life but is it that much of an inconvenience to charge your phone once a day, or less? The camera technology is improved giving better HDR rendering and night sight, but will you be taking advantage of this? Do you watch Netflix to benefit from the better HDR+ technology?

I actually went backwards (not intentionally) - I had a 7 but wanted a larger screen and was thinking of the XR or 11, but then a barely used 6S Plus came up for sale here at £150 and I thought I'd try it to see if I could get on with the larger size. To be honest, apart from the time it takes to process edited videos, it's been absolutely fine for my needs, and if anything were to happen to it, I wouldn't be as gutted as if I had just spent £700 or £1200.

I'm not saying to do what I did but wileeeeeey is right, you could consider an XR, 11 or XS Max for much less and would probably be really happy with any of these.

Good and valid comments and further food for thought, thank you!

Blog Entries
    Well, I bit down on the bullet and bought the 11 Pro Max albeit through gritted teeth and blimey, it is a serious piece of kit. It is exceptionally tactile and things move with buttery swiftness and Netflix looks great as do the camera pics. I finally pulled the trigger on the basis of if I was not VERY impressed then I would fire it back to Apple for a refund.
    I am keeping it! :-)