closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SKX007K - Accuracy

Master

Seiko SKX007K - Accuracy

Just timed the watch over 24 hours+ as I'm selling it .......... and it is accurate to within 1 sec ....... hard to believe from a mechanical watch that costs less than £250
    Last edited by BillN; 6th December 2019 at 20:10.

Master
    I have two 009s that are within 2-3 secs per day and the most expensive one of the two cost me £130.

Craftsman
    I don't time my 009 like you guys, but after several days of wear, I don't have to adjust the time, which I think is good.

Craftsman
    I've experienced quite a variation, having had maybe 50+ 7s26 and 4r movements go through my hands. You got a good one there......do you really want to be selling it?

Aye, pot luck with these.

Grand Master
    7S26 movements were notorious for being poorly regulated and usually out of beat. V. fiddly to correct too, don’t attempt it without a timegrapher and a steady hand.

They’re also sensitive to wear pattern, to get consistent performance they need to be worn by someone reasonably active to keep the watch in a high state of wind. On the plus side, despite the agricultural design they’re very efficient self- winders and they certainly last well.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 7th December 2019 at 13:42.

Craftsman
    I was getting a consistent -30 secs a day with my 009. I enquired about adjusting the movement myself but heeded the above advice from Paul and left it alone. I enjoyed the simplicity and ruggedness of my 009.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

My 009J is usually around 2s fast per day. Amazing for the money, especially when coupled with the build quality. As mentioned above though, needs to be kept fully wound.