closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help from hi fi experts please re Kef Q90 value.

Master

Help from hi fi experts please re Kef Q90 value.

I have a pair of mint black Kef Q90 floor standing speakers that I want to EBay and I have absolutely no idea what they are worth, so if an eBay person says ‘I’ll give you £xx for them’ I’m clueless.

They are like new and I have the original boxes even the original invoice from new.

As a rule I always look at eBay completed items but can’t see anything hence my request. If any hifi buffs can help me out either below or via PM I’d be very grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nice speakers but not in great demand so a couple of hundred i would guess.....

https://www.gumtree.com/p/speakers/k...ric/1354519537

Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    Nice speakers but not in great demand so a couple of hundred i would guess.....

https://www.gumtree.com/p/speakers/k...ric/1354519537
    Sounds about right to me. IIRC I sold my Q50s for just under £200 a few years ago. I'd probably list them BIN for £250 and be prepared to accept a lower offer. I wouldn't risk an auction because the right buyer will appreciate Raymond Cooke era KEFs, but that market is pretty small, so there's a very good chance they'd go for a lot less than they're really worth.

AFAIK although they are decent speakers, they aren't a really desirable classic that people go out of their way to find. And apparently the tweeters degrade over time, with no correct replacement parts being available.

Master
    Thanks that’s a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They weren't a bad speaker and worth £150 -£175 of anyone's money.
    With age, the usual problems with drive units is that the rubber surrounds can perish on the drive units, but this is highly unlikely in your case. The tweeters should be fine too.