...so much better looking than american field watches!? Seriously, the A-11 was the last good-looking US field watch to my eyes.

Below are 3 examples I own. Left is my Timex Expedition I purchased in 2006 at a PX in Port Hueneme, California. It's technically not a "real" US Military Watch, but it's sold in every exchange and expeditions are worn by every US soldier that's not wearing a G-Shock to the field. I personally have used and abused this watch for over 10 years with the only issue being the original strap broke off and the battery died. It's very typical of an American field watch and like all American field watches, is based off the Vietnam-Era GGW113.
Middle is the PRS-29AM inspired by watches issued to the RAF. Right is a G10 from 2006.

I'm mainly looking at the difference between the type of watch that was being worn by US troops in 2006, and what was being worn by British troops in 2006.

I pin it down to the 24 hour ring which, without a GMT complication, makes me feel like an idiot. Thank you Uncle Sam, I believe I can add 12 to wherever the hour hand falls. Now this is by no means a fair comparison, the Timex is a cheap watch, but even better American examples, actual vintage and issued examples, still pale in comparison to the G10, which is a very modern watch. What do you folks think? We Americans deserve better looking watches.

Post pictures of good looking American field watches that prove me wrong

Full size image
(Also don't be concerned about the times, I haven't updated Left since DST ended, and Right is still on GMT from when it was shipped over from the UK)

Korean-Era A-17, the dial design still looks substantially worse and more cluttered than the G10. The case design is nice though, I've always been a fan of those coin-edge cases like on some A-11s.