closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swap my Tudor Black Bay GMT for a Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial on Rubber strap

Apprentice

Swap my Tudor Black Bay GMT for a Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial on Rubber strap

I've been offered a swap for my 2019 BB GMT for a 2019 Blue Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial on a rubber strap. I do like the Omega and the retail is £1000 more but can be bought with heavy discounts and sell for less than 3k pre-owned. Would the swap be a good idea?

Not for me, but you’ll be the one strapping the watch to your wrist. Value wise, there is probably little in it in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Personally I think the Tudor is the more interesting watch but as said previously, you are the one that will be wearing it.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    No, the gmt is 200m water resistant anyway and also to my eye looks nicer. Clearly this is subjective. Also, if I were a betting man then my money would be on the gmt being better value in many years to come.

Craftsman
    I like the look of both. Tudor will prob hold more value.
    But at the end of the day, it is down to which one you would enjoy wearing more!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Thanks for your replies, my initial decision was do do the deal until I got my BB GMT out of its box to look at it which gave me second thoughts. Owning an older model of seamaster I have decided to keep the Tudor.

The new Seamaster is an incredible watch, apart from the bracelet is not far behind the Submariner in my opinion which I also own.

Always good to get other watch enthusiasts thoughts

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Quigzz View Post
    I've been offered a swap for my 2019 BB GMT for a 2019 Blue Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial on a rubber strap. I do like the Omega and the retail is £1000 more but can be bought with heavy discounts and sell for less than 3k pre-owned. Would the swap be a good idea?
    The fact that you are considering the trade by making enquiries suggests you may be less than enamoured with the GMT, is this the case? Perhaps you bought the GMT because it was one of this years hot watches rather than really wanting it.

If so you need to consider which piece will bring you more pleasure in ownership. Build quality wise the Omega probably has it if you like the modern sports styling and including the divisive external helium escape valve.

Style wise they don't really compete with the Omega following its recent refresh being a thoroughly modern and bright looking sports diver and the more retro themed Tudor giving more than a passing nod to the age of the five digit Rolex GMT's.

Apprentice
    The trade was offered by a work colleague who was aware I owned the watch. Owning many watches from Seiko's to my 116500LN Daytona admittedly I do have favourites and when purchasing watches I do tend to go for the modern ceramic models.

The GMT gives me something different although I can agree it doesn't get as much wrist time as others.

Like many people who enjoy watches I own more than I need and always find an excuse not to let them go.

Last edited by Quigzz; 20th November 2019 at 11:26.

Master
    I have both of these and my TT Seamaster and silver spends most of the time on my wrist, I do wear the GMT once a week.

I would do the swap, I think the new Omega SMP’s are superb value and hit the sweet spot for size.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigzz View Post
    Thanks for your replies, my initial decision was do do the deal until I got my BB GMT out of its box to look at it which gave me second thoughts. Owning an older model of seamaster I have decided to keep the Tudor.

The new Seamaster is an incredible watch, apart from the bracelet is not far behind the Submariner in my opinion which I also own.

Always good to get other watch enthusiasts thoughts

As the owner of a 2019 Blue SMP I will echo your comment - it is an incredible watch. Wasn’t until I started wearing it that I realized the same can be said of its bracelet and clasp (most online comparison videos with the sub have the SMP as technically the better watch)
    I looked at the SMP rubber straps, and wasn’t so keen on them due to the (in my mind) severe tapper.

If the SMP was on a bracelet I’d be all for the trade. Saying that, I’d be all over the GMT as well!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I would do the swap, I think the new Omega SMP’s are superb value and hit the sweet spot for size.
    Me too, the Seamaster is lovely.

If they proposed a swap, they value the tudor more than the omega.
    Ask to trade with another gmt

BUBI 0_0

Master
    As the Seamaster on rubber can be bought brand new for just over £2600 (Watts1858) you have to consider what the used value is or will be vs the Tudor.

Ant