closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SHIIINE On Weekender Butlin's Minehead

SHIIINE On Weekender Butlin's Minehead

Anyone else go, or just me?
    What a wonderful festival for the indie loving 50 something! Three days of beer and great music, for me the top bands were Embrace, Wedding Present, Idlewild and Turin Brakes.
    Biggest surprise? How courteous everyone was....no aggro that I saw. Oh and the James tribute band got top marks - true entertainers.
    Tim

I wasn’t there, but I did see the wedding present recently on their Bizzaro tour. Took my 19 year old daughter with me and she loved it.

We’re going to see Gedgy at the Roadmemder in Northampton next week again.

Wedding Present are great live. Unfortunately I had to miss them this year in Bournemouth, as it clashed with Englands 1000th game.
    Off to butlins next weekend to the Madness House of Fun weekender. 9th year of it being held and we have been to the majority of them. Butlins is a great place to hold these events. Not cheap though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    This would be right up my street for next year, although the other half might take some persuading...

I saw the Wedding Present in Bristol, must have been about 1992...! Fleece & Firkin

So how expensive was it?

Wedding Present were the main reason I went, seen them a couple of times and plan to catch 'em at Gloucester Guild Hall in January.

Beer was £5 pint or there abouts.
    Incidentals - accomodation is in three levels, friends advised not to go for Bronze level! Silver chalet and access to all bands with three sharing was £200 each.
    Groups are on a tight schedule and have an hour each, but I did get to see at least eight bands I'd have quite happily gone to see touring.

Master
    I went as well, just starting to feel normal again! Agree with your best bands but would also add the Farm on Sunday night, really great set.

Master
    I’ve been to various adult weekends at Minehead & Skeggy, great fun every time.