closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Cockpit B50 over an Aerospace

Craftsman

Breitling Cockpit B50 over an Aerospace

Since I got the Aerospace I really like the style and look of these Ana-Digi watches but is it really worth the 2.5k plus price difference to upgrade.
    Apart from the size and ability to charge would I be gaining that much for the additional cost.

No.

Unless you really use all the features, and in my opinion it doesn't even look as good.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Got to Agree, the Aerospace is a great looking watch.
    At first I thought the B50 would be a nice upgrade and I do like them especially the night mission but don't think I could justify the additional outlay for hardly any gain.

Think I will stick.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Master

Breitling Cockpit B50 over an Aerospace

I had the aerospace evo and changed to the B50 which I enjoyed for 18 months but then went back to the evo which I find I wear a lot more.

Last edited by Cat7; 20th November 2019 at 23:34.

I have the B50 night mission and it's a brilliant timepiece. On of my (probably) keepers. As an alternative though to wear every day the aerospace is a much more sensible option. The rechargeable technology should be included in all Breitling Ana Digi watches though as that's what they're all about. I used to own and cherish my B1. Brilliant watch but always had the digital display turned off which seems to defy the reason for owning one.

Craftsman
    Looks well on that strap, think I will treat myself to one, change the look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    I had the aerospace evo and changed to the B50 which I enjoyed for 18 months but then went back to the evo which I find I wear a lot more.

I really like the look of the B50 and prefer it over the Aerospace. My only issue is the silly compass bezel. The user manual claims it’s function is to “remind pilots what heading they need to fly” by rotating the heading to the 12 o’clock position and to easily let them see the reciprocal heading. Utterly pointless.

I really like the B55 Exospace in the flesh, but even at a more realistic purchase price the complexity puts me right off. It’s the spectre of out of warranty failure and being a hostage to Breitling repairing it. There is also the matter of proprietary battery technology of unproven longevity.

It would need a 10 year warranty to make me go for it

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find yourself a good used B-1.

Still Breitling's best Ana-Digi, in my opinion.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Find yourself a good used B-1.

Still Breitling's best Ana-Digi, in my opinion.

M
    in the current lineup with the same movement as the B-1 is this:

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watches/professional/chronospace-military/M78367101B1W1/

OP
    I tried a B50 - had tech issues and Breitling gave me a free upgrade to B55 - had tech issues with that too - they replaced it with a new watch. But just feel they are too unstable for me. Now have an Aerospace for my Ani-Digi. But would buy a B-1 or above watch as that module has been tried and tested for many years.

so short answer. No.

but - Breitling boutiques say the Aerospace is now discontinued - so get one second hand while you can.

If you’re bored of your normal Aerospace swap it for an Aerospace Night Mission. I’ve had a few different versions (including the B1) and the night mission Aerospace is my favourite.

Master
    Aerospace for me as the size , weight and bracelet is perfect. I wish Breitling would make a black TI bracelet for the night mission.

I used to have a B50 Night Mission and the watch was rubbish. It simply could not keep time within Breitling’s promised -/+ 15 seconds a year for super quartz movements. Breitling USA could not fix it. In between the poor time keeping and Breitling USA rather dismissive customer service (Not to mention the piss poor 2 year warranty and expected repair costs of this model post-warranty) made me dump it in favor of a new Rolex Milgauss GV Z-Blue. Yes watch a change...

I can’t believe I sold a perfectly mint Airwolf LE for the B50. I wish I still had that Airwolf... Perfect watch, perfect timekeeping and did I mention how perfect the seconds hand alignment was against the dial?

I still have my beloved Tuxedo dial Breitling Aerospace. Don’t see myself ever selling it. It is my de facto travel watch. It is everything the silly B50 was not.

My recommendation, if you want Thermo compensated Swiss Ana-Digi watches from luxury brands, stick with older Breitling models with ETA super quartz movements (Aerospace, Emergency, B1, Airwolf and Chronospace). The ETA movements are simply solid, reliable and can be serviced by anyone. If you can stomach the aesthetics, the Omega offerings, Skywalker X-33, Z-33 Spacemaster, etc are also good ETA equipped options.

Don’t waste your money on the B50/B55 they are overpriced garbage.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Aerospace for me as the size , weight and bracelet is perfect. I wish Breitling would make a black TI bracelet for the night mission.
    I echo the above comment. I’ve had an Aerospace on bracelet, and now have the Aerospace Night Mission.
    Absolutely love it. A black bracelet for it would make it a candidate for a “one watch” watch!

I have one of the later larger Aerospace models and for me it’s a great size and weight in titanium. One the bracelet it’s cool but I have it on the rubber with the adjustable clasp and for me that makes it.
    I looked at the night mission many times I love it but punted for the normal. I just love the strap in the night mission.

I find the Aerospace perfect in terms of size and wearability, especially on Breitling rubber...

Craftsman
    Think my mind was made up as I posted the original post to be fair.
    Why try and fix what is not broken.
    Love having this on the wrist and glad I didn't jump in and do the deal.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk